Chapter 11- A Letter Leading to a Temporary Adoption

'I never thought that things would end up this way. Not even towards the end of the year,' I thought, still holding onto something somewhat crucial.

I'm waiting in the Headmaster's room, an appointment that I asked beforehand.

The reason for it? Let's go back in time to see how it all happened...

It's been an eventful month of my life here at Hogwarts. After Lupin arrived, things started looking up at the DADA.

I didn't expect him to be so good at teaching, but he was a teacher here in Dray's third year.

Other than that, he didn't seem to recognize me, and I'm forever grateful for that.

I know he's a werewolf, but I guess thanks to the smell in Zaun, he couldn't entirely out me.

However, I kept my distance away, not wanting to interact with him. I would only do so if he asked me to, and I guess he recognized my cold attitude.

Luna already knows I'm very uncomfortable with Lupin, so she or Dray sits beside her. 

Other than that, I celebrated every holiday available to the school, studying hard for my exams, talking to my friends/lover, and avoiding the Golden Trio.

Oh, speaking about them, they decided to go off somewhere dangerous without telling anyone.

Yep, that's how reckless Gryffindors are.

How do I know this?

Neville, the quiet boy who never stood up before, based on what I heard/saw, mumbled about it, and I told Mr. Snape about it.

Of course, Mr. Snape thanked me and left quickly, leaving me to wonder what would happen.

The next day, the Golden Trio approached me and apologized/thanked me.

It was a trap set by Voldemort sent by Kreacher, a house elf of Black.

They headed to the Ministry of Magic, and the trio were stopped by Mr. Snape, who showed them that Sirius Black was indeed alive.

Based on what they said, they weren't thinking, and all of them would think first before jumping to conclusions from now on. Not that it mattered, in my opinion. 

A surprise attack by the good guys led to some capture of the Death Eaters and stopping Voldemort overall.

Of course, Mr. Snape told them that I was the one who told him, and he scolded them, especially Quin.

James and Lily also lightly scolded their son, and the trio reflected on what happened, resulting in where we are right now.

"Look, we want to apologize and thank you for getting us out of the mess. If you hadn't, then..."

I assumed that someone close to Quin would die, but I didn't care about that. What I cared about was, however, them not bothering me anymore, to which they agreed.

They, again, apologized and left, leaving me to tell Dray about it.

When I did, he smirked and told me that I did an excellent job, and my face flushed, whatever that meant.

Flash forward to a few weeks, and I was studying with Luna until I received a letter. Usually, I would never accept anything, but after being able to send my letters to Zaun, I expected it.