Chapter 4- Supplies and Uniform

As we headed to whatever store we needed to buy the supplies and a god-forsaken uniform, I looked around Diagon Alley and wasn't surprised. I can tell it had some resemblance to Zaun, yet everything looks so... neat.

People weren't on drugs, in pain, or even dead on the street!

For some unknown reason, my stomach feels a bit funny.

"Uh, Moth?" Sevi whispered.

"Yes?"

"Why is your hair turning into a light shade of gray?"

"What-"

"Holy shit, it is!!" Mom exclaims before showing me a mirror.

And it was true. My hair was changing into a shade of gray.

"Holy shit, indeed, Mom..."

Mom started cackling, and I asked if this ever happened when I get very emotional around them, to which both Sevi and Mom shook their heads.

"When you lived with us, Mothy, you never acted like that. Although, I think that's what the whole 'meta-thingy' is..." Mom commented. 

"Metamorphmagus," I corrected.

"Whatever..."

"Let's see here; you could go to the library and check all the books out," Sevi suggested.

"Maybe last," Mom counters.

"Why?" I asked.

"You tend to get lost whenever you read. Remember the time we had to attack the Enforcers, but you were too distracted by the manga."

"And that nearly ended us almost in prison? Yeah, you got banned from reading ever since, kid," Sevi adds.

"Maybe for the best..." 

I nodded in agreement, and we headed toward a place that looked like it would work on clothes.

"How about this; you go and get your measures while we get all the other stuff except for books, the wand, and the pet."

"What pet, Sevi?" I asked.

"A meaningful animal to accompany you or something. It said that it was required since your supposedly first year."

"Oh. And the wand?"

"Same here. First thing to have since your 'first year.'"

As I waved Sevi and Mom goodbye, I walked into the shop while feeling less nervous.

"Hello, welcome to Madam Malkin's Robes. How may I help you today?" A pretty old lady asked.

"Hi, um, I wanted to get some measures for Hogwarts," I said.

"Oh! I see. Come this way, child," She said before leaving.

My right eye twitched at being mentioned as a 'child,' but there was nothing I could do about it.

I walked over to her, and she pointed me to stand on the stool. I did as she told me.

"Stretch out your arms and stand still," She instructed before grabbing her measuring tape.

I puffed out my cheeks and did so.

"You have a very... interesting taste in style, kiddo," She said before moving all around to look out for the critical parts.

"Now, do you want pants or a skirt?" She asked.

"I could go with either-"

"Yes, but Hogwarts is required you to wear only one thing."