Feeling Unknowingly Ease and Tension

As we finished our dinner, the teachers, plus the headmaster, were staring at me as if I would disappear.

I didn't enjoy the attention, but I didn't want things to be awkward for us.

After saying goodbye to Luna, I headed to the ancient man's room while accompanied by the Head of Ravenclaw.

"Please to meet you, young Jinx!" He said. 

I smiled back, asked for his name, and then he said, "Hoho, silly me. I'm Professor Flitwick, Head of Ravenclaw and the Charm's Professor."

"Really? The Charms Professor? Oh, man, do I have so many questions about it," I said with excitement. 

He sees my expression and lightly laughs at it.

"Now, now; I'll be answering any question you have for me," He said before saying, "Salted Caramel."

I was confused about whatever those things were until they started to make an entrance. 

Presummingly, the ancient man was sitting on the grand chair, the shinest I had ever seen, and thanked Professor before dismissing him. 

"Hello, old man," I said, and he didn't react like I thought he might have.

"Hello, Ms.Jinx," He said, staring into my eyes.

"It appears you'd been selected recently to come here, but we don't have your records from other Wizarding schools. Mind telling me what's that all about?" He asked.

"Well, I didn't even know I was a wizard-"

"Witch," He corrected.

"-And I was mostly homeschooled due to a... personal issue back home," I answered, trying not to tell him about the war.

"Well, mind explaining why? I could only imagine that the owls haven't reached you," He said, and I nodded.

"Back at home, there are so many people in poverty, and there's isn't enough food for us to eat. I could only guess that some owls were shot for food or games."

He winced, clearly not expecting the answer, and asked if I wanted to take some level course classes so that they could see what I was capable of.

I nodded as I told him I reviewed some materials beforehand, and he sat me down before handing me several pieces of paper and a quill.

"Alright, then. Let's get started. Question 1..."

~~~~

"Well, despite not aiming for a perfect O, you were almost certainly there," He said, examining every answer.

"Thank you," I said, feeling proud.

"While you certainly have more learning to experience, I can see that you're ready for this year."

I smiled and got up to shake his hand, which surprised him.

"I'll show you where you're going to staying at. After all, I need the exercise," He chuckled, and I giggled.

"Alright, old man," I said, which ticked him.

"Please, don't call me that. It's Headmaster Dumbledore to you, child," He said, and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

We walked side by side while admiring the view while seeing what the halls looked like.

"It's beautiful here," I mumbled as I stared everywhere.

On the way, we ran into Flich, the caretaker, and his cat, Mrs. Norris.