Kiss & Tell - [Part Four]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Four]

I'm feeling like a star, you can't stop my shine, I'm loving cloud nine, my head's in the sky. - Jason Derulo.

 ***

Ever felt like you were happy and even if–for example—your doctor tells you that you’re diagnosed with HIV–you couldn't get let down?

Yeah? Well that's how I felt the night I came back from my date. I felt exultant. And no one was going to ruin my happiness–not even Cody. 

How?

Here’s an example:

(After Caleb dropped me off, I walked in on Cody eating cereal in our kitchen)

Cody: (looks up from his bowl, a sneer on his face) you considered dumping that ass yet?

Me: (in happy land, somewhere far with the unicorns) hm? Oh, Cody. Hi baby brother!

Cody: (groans in misery) nooooo! Don't tell me he turned you into a girlie girl now! Gosh, you’re making me sick.

Me: (still playing with the unicorns–and maybe even Barbie dolls) Cody! Oh Cody! You know I love you right?

Cody: (suddenly looking very petrified) y-you are NOT my sister!

Me: (moving closer to my brother) I love you–I really do! I'm sorry for always hitting you! I'm sorry brother–forgive me?

Cody: (steps away cautiously) don’t you d-dare touch me! (Runs into the living room) MOOOOOM, HELP ME! JAZZ IS ON DRUGS!

Me: (runs after him) but Coooody! I love you! GIVE ME SOME LOOOOVE! 

★★★

"So mom said you’re going to grandma’s house today–and no it isn't an option."

"But- arghh! You devils spawn! You knew I didn't want to go."

"Blah blah blah. I heard it before and I'm hearing it again—you never want to go—but guess what? You’re going and I’m not.”

With one last glare, I run into the kitchen; mom was still cooking breakfast. I had to find a way to get out of going to grandmas. Don’t get me wrong—I love my grandma. But, sometimes grandma is embarrassing.

 Like really.

The last time she visited our family in Callie she thought David was my boyfriend! It was so humiliating. (I don’t want to know how David felt—being lectured on condoms and sex and all.) But being the gentlemen (gentlemen my ass! David was as piggy and disturbing as any guy with a dick) David was, he waved it off; taking it as a joke.

A joke? Oh, well I still wonder why he didn’t come over my house for two months until my grandma left back to Maine.  It could be my stinky room…or my annoying little brother…you never know…

“MOM! You can’t do this!” I shout just as make it into the kitchen.

What I got to do to make you love me?”

“Oh, gee, I don’t know mom. Maybe let me stay home?” I suggest, rolling my eyes as mom continued to sing.

“What I got to do to make you care?” Let’s just say, mom is no Elton John. Yeah, sorry mom, try out for American Idol in how about—never?

What do I do when lightning strikes me?”

“Duck and cover mom, duck and cover,” I input, a grin twitching on my lips as mom twirled around in the kitchen.

“And I wake to find that you're not there?” Mom yells. I almost—almost—covered my ears. I wasn’t that mean.

“Mom, are you listening to me? I don’t want to go to grandmas.” But mom ignores me and continues to sing. I sigh. She was torturing the lyrics. In fact, ‘Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest word,’ was one of my favorite songs. I couldn’t—wouldn’t—let her rape the lyrics.

So I sang along with her on the chorus.

Hey, I wasn’t any Elton John, but I sure as hell wasn’t as bad as my mother.

“It's sad, so sad it’s a sad, sad situation. And it's getting more and more absurd. It's sad, so sad why can't we talk it over? Oh it seems to me that sorry seems to be the hardest word.”

Yeh. Sorry.

My mom smiles when we finish harassing the lyrics. I do too—I haven’t seen mom this happy in forever. Ever since the ugly divorce she had with my father, all she had been doing was work—anything to distract her from remembering him.

“Wow. I came here to get my food and I get a live How-To-Become-Crazy show. Awesome.” I didn’t notice Cody. I roll my eyes at him and look back at my mom who was currently glaring at Cody.

“So…are you going to tell me why I have to go to grandmas and he doesn’t?” I ask, folding my arms across my chest while arching an eyebrow. Yeah, haven’t forgotten that, hon.

“Jazz,” mom warns, narrowing her blue eyes at me—playfulness completely gone! “We’ve been in Maine for almost two weeks now. You haven’t seen her since we got here!”

Well, she wasn’t completely wrong—I did see her in California. That counts, right?

“Um. Sorry ladies—your fat bods are kinnnda blocking my food. So, if you’ll excuse me—“ he didn’t get to finish because on cue—both mom and my hands shot out and whacked him on his head.  

No one calls a girl fat—seriously they will kill you.

“Ow! What was that for?!” Cody yells.

“Don’t call us fat! And you’re coming to grandmas too!” Hee. Hee.

“But-“

“You’re coming and that’s final! Go get ready. NOW!” mom growls, giving Cody ‘The Stink Eye.’

Cody grumbles something under his breath, looks at me and glowers before stomping right out of the kitchen.

Paybacks a b!tch, eh?

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Yeah, I know it wasn’t the best chapter and I lied and said this chapter will be better. So sorry. But, I just wanted to post a chapter since this book is over a THOUSAND reads! Amazing right?! Keep those comments-votes-and follows coming babes! You rock!

So how about twenty votes, two hundred reads, & fifteen comments until next chapter? Please?

Thanks a lot guys. You guys make me smile

Stay Beautiful ლ(╹◡╹ლ)