Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-three]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-three]

✿✿✿

You told me think about it, well I did

Now I don't wanna feel a thing anymore

I'm tired of begging for the things that I want

I'm over sleeping like a dog on the floor

King For A Day - Pierce the Veil/SWS

✿✿✿

My answer shocks Cody because I think that was the last thing he had expected me to say, and I could see off his bewildered face. It was almost like this was the worst thing he's dreaded in his entire life.

But why, Cody? Why is it you who should fear this, when it is me who is supposed to?

"Why would I do that?" He cautiously asks.

"Because I want you too, and if you don't, then...." I move to the door, and pause. Smirking, "Mom!" I yell.

Cody's eyes widen, "hey, come on man, you're not going to tell her right?"

"Mom!" I yell again, looking down at Cody with a devil-like face.

"What?!" Mom shouts back.

"CODY WAS SELLING W-"

Cody cuts me off, anxiously shouting, "Fine! I'll call him! Fine!"

I grin. "Good boy," I say and wink to just to annoy him even more.

"Jasmine?!" Mom yells.

"Never mind!" I reply and then toss Cody his iPhone.

He doesn't miss the opportunity to glare at me, but he does grab his phone, unlock it and call Caleb. It takes a long time ringing and at the last second, when Cody is about to smirk and toss the phone back to me, we both here an impatient and angry "what?!"

Cody quickly hands it over to me, as if to say, "Oh no, this is your problem, not mine. Deal with it." And I do deal with it.

"Hello!" I brightly say into the phone, all the while staring at Cody with an evil beam. I could see that Cody was nervous and afraid of what I had to say to Caleb.

Don't worry buddy, I want to say. It's not like I'm going to talk about you. You're irrelevant and you will always be. This is not about you, this is about me. You have nothing to do with Caleb, and when will you stop trying to be?

Caleb takes a few moments to answer. "Should I even ask why you're calling me or are you going to shut it in my face?" He asks with a long sigh.

"Oh, you may ask," I reply, leaning against Cody's bed. "However, I cannot assure you that you will enjoy my response."

"Oh, I figured, after all, do I ever enjoy anything that comes out of that bitch-mouth you got?"

"So when did bitch-mouth become a word, before or after you finished getting your masters at Harvard? I'm curious Caleb," I retort, sarcastically.

"After. Do you want to know something I learned while getting my masters at Harvard?" He asks, with a snarky and irritated voice.

He doesn't wait for my response and carries on. "You can't get away from pests, they're always going to come back, needier and annoying as ever. The best way to get them to stop bothering you is to ignore them. Let them bite, let them squeeze the fucking shit out of you, but in the end, all you gotta do is ignore. And guess what Jasmine? That's what I'm going to do." Click.