Kiss & Tell - [Part Forty-seven]

Kiss & Tell
Copyright ©
Kiss & Tell - [Part Forty-seven]

✿✿✿

A drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together

A Drop In The Ocean - Ron Pope

✿✿✿

Cody POV

I stagger, holding my arm across my chest, trying my best not to flinch as the pain spread throughout my body. I ignore the passing looks of concern and fear directed on me and continue walking towards Brent's house. As I step onto the swarming road, I growl in annoyance when I accidentally trip over a tiny rock and almost fall flat onto my face. 

Feeling so weak and fragile was getting to me. It's like knowing you're going to lose a fight before it even began. And that sucks because right now, I have to be anything but frail. What do you think would happen if Caleb decided to beat the shit out of me? I would die, end of story. Like there's no logical or reasonable way to argue that I wouldn't. My faith has already been decided. 

Cody Heller - 16 and Dead. 

To be honest, I would rather be 16 and pregnant.

Caleb POV

"You know what I'm going to do?" I ask Ashton, attempting to keep myself composed, while repeatedly staring from him to the screen. 

"What?" He replies, wincing like he didn't want to know the answer. 

"I'm going to kill this person," I say, grinning widely as I look up at Ashton's shocked face. "And then I'm going to kill their parents, their siblings and even their fúcking dog."

"What if they don't have a dog?" Ashton asks, frowning.

"Then I'm going to kill their cat," I simply shrug.

"What if they don't have a cat?"

I glare at him. "Then maybe I'll kill you instead if you don't shut up," I snap. 

He rolls his eyes. "Right, so when do we start this killing spree?" he asks, glancing at me with boredom plastered across his face.

"Right now," I reply, scowling.  "I wanna know who sent this. And then I wanna know why."

Ashton suddenly snorts, "seriously?" he says. "You didn't already guess?" 

"What are you talking about?" 

"You know, who sent it," he looks at me pointedly, and then when my face stays blank, he shakes his head and continues. "Why don't we just look at the facts?" 

"Okay, like what?" I say, throwing my hands out. 

"Like the fact that you're saying someone photoshopped that picture and the fact that Isaac is in it and we haven't seen that guy in a year."

I slowly start digesting that information. "And that fact that it was sent last night even though we haven't hung out like that with Isaac in two years."

"I remember that night," Ashton says, gazing off thoughtfully. "Weren't we playing Kiss and Tell?" 

"Eh, I don't know, we used to play that like in every party, so probably," I reply. "But, so what?"

"What other facts do we know?" he asks. 

"Everyone hates me, that is pretty obvious," I state, tapping my foot impatiently.