Kiss & Tell - [Part Fifteen]

Kiss & Tell
Copyright ©
Kiss & Tell - [Part Fifteen]

***

It's in the stars

it's been written in the scars on our hearts

we're not broken just bent

and we can learn to love again.

Just Give Me a Reason - Pink/Nate

***

"Please, excuse the mess. The maid hasn't been fulfilling her job decently this past week. I'm thinking about getting a new maid, huh? What do you think Miss. Heller?" The lady asks while patting her precious white sofas.

They are shining and practically everything in this house is-even her dress and tall white Prada's. The lady has her hair in some tight bun that looks like it needs air. But overall, she has delicate features that should make Megan Fox jealous. From light hazel eyes to Taylor Swift's red lips; she didn't even look 30, hell, she looks like she's younger than me.

And I couldn't help but notice how she didn't look like Caleb at all.

Caleb's mother is also deceased, so that adds to my hope. Maybe I should join reality, because I'm jumping to conclusions. I mean, other people can own Red Convertibles. Right?

Mom looks at the lady, also known as, "Eliza."

"Yes, yes, of course. And please, call me Ariel. Your house is lovely, Eliza. Very exquisite. And your sofas are such a pretty color." I glare at Mom. Yeah, because white is such a pretty color. She notices and smiles tightly at me.

Cody rolls his eyes from beside me. "This probably isn't his house. He can't be that rich." He whispers to me. "But if it is, he is one lucky as-"

I scowl at him and shove his form away from beside me. He smirks and wiggles his eyebrows, smugly, as if he's hoping that Caleb pops into the room and gives me that devious smirk of his.

"Hmm, Jasmine. Such a pretty name, huh? Like a flower. You are one pretty thing, though, so I know why your mother named you such a beautiful name," Eliza says, winking at Mom. I blush; I'm not good with compliments.

"Thank you," I mutter, looking anywhere but her. Cody mumbles something under his breath that kind of sounded like, 'She wishes.' And I immediately mumble back something that sounds like the A word.

"So, these are your kids? They are quiet. I wish mine were also that quiet." I almost snort but then quickly stop myself. That is unladylike, of course.

Mom looks like she's about to sumo-wrestle both Cody and me."Yes, mine are very quiet. They don't talk much and when they do, such lovely words come pouring out. Isn't that right, honeys?" Mom says, smiling so hard, I'm positive she just added an extra minute to her life span.

"Of course-" I start to say, but get cut off.

"Yeah, of course, you wouldn't expect less from us," Cody sarcastically says.

Moms smile falters, but Eliza's is still plastered on her face. "You guys should be good influence on my kids. I mean, they aren't that bad, but they do talk back a lot and I'm sure your presence can inspire them to make better choices," Eliza says.

Either she is ignoring Cody's sarcasm or doesn't care because I don't think she knows what she's talking about. Good influence? Yeah, in what planet are you talking about?

Cody is the first to roll his eyes, secretly. "Ma'am, where are these kids you are talking about?" Cody asks, smirking at his successfully failed 'High-class' accent. Eliza blinks, as if she's trying to figure out why Cody's voices sounds like it needs therapy.