Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-seven]

Kiss & Tell
Copyright ©
Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-seven]

✿✿✿

Does he take care of you
Or could I easily fill his shoes?

Sex - The 1975

✿✿✿

"Rebecca," Quinn calls out to the waitress who had been taking Austin and I's order. "Can you please take over for ten minutes? I'll be right back."

Rebecca makes her gum pop loudly and resentfully complies. "Ten minutes, Quinn," she warns.

Quinn smiles brightly at her. "You're the best."

He walks out from behind the counter, and comes around the other side where I stood. He looks nervous, I note. Well he should be. Quinn looked the same as two years ago when I left him. Same short height, skinny form and pretty-boy vibe.

"Do you uh want to sit down somewhere?" He asks, his foot energetically taping on the floor.

I narrow my eyes and for some unknown reason I say, "I'm on a date."

Quinn looks surprised. "Really? Where is he at?" And then he proceeds to look around the restaurant eagerly.

I roll my eyes. "Come on," I say. "Let me introduce you." I walk towards the end of the restaurant and Quinn follows behind, silently.

When we get to the table, I slide into a seat next to Austin and notice that he was already done eating. Wow, I look down in shock. I wasn't even gone for five minutes!

I look up at Quinn and then notice he had stopped walking and was staring down at Austin, shocked.

"What?" I say, looking from him to Austin, who was also staring at Quinn.

Quinn is the first to reply. "Seriously? You're dating him? I thought you could do way better."

I'm furious and Austin is confused. "I'll date whoever I want to!" I snap. Who is he to tell me who I should be dating? Just because he was the only one to apologize to me for what Caleb had done, he had also knew that Caleb was going to do what he did.

Did he seriously think we were friends now or something? Just because he mouthed the word sorry and then ran off with his clique right after?

"Okay, easy Jasmine," Austin says, noticing that I'm about two seconds from pounding Quinn's head in.

I breath out and cross my arms, leaning back against the chair. "Sit down, Quinn," I say.

He sits in front of us, sighs, and then puts his hands up defensively. "Look, I'm sorry I said that. I shouldn't worry about who you date or who you don't date. It's none of my business."

"You're damn right it isn't," I retort.

"Okay..."

Austin leans against my ear. "Um, we're dating?" He whispers, confusedly.

I look up at him, and tightly smile. "Of course, baby," I say, through closed teeth.

Austin's reaction is sorta cute. His eyes brighten and his wide grin reaches from one side to the other. "Seriously?"

"Yes," I snappily whisper back.

"So, what's up?" Quinn asks, awkwardly, noticing a 'personal' exchange between Austin and I.

"Nothing much," I reply, and then lean forward. "What about you Quinn, how's life with the Devils?"

Quinn arches an eyebrow. "The Devils?" He questions.