Kiss & Tell - [Part Twenty-eight]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Twenty-eight]

000

Nothing compares
No worries or cares
Regrets and mistakes
They are memories made.

Someone Like You – Adele 

000

Cody POV

I could feel birds twirling around my head, as I lay flat on the ground. Who knew one punch from Caleb could knock the fùck out of someone? I guess I understated him. 

I come to consciousness with my head in Naomi's lap. If I had the strength to roll my eyes, I would have. Of course she would have taken this opportunity of me being vulnerable. Perhaps, even try to rape me while she's at it.

Here's the thing: Naomi is an actress. She will make you believe anything that comes out of her mouth. My ability to read people helped me realize that.

So, I didn't feel any joy from the way she looked down at me with concerned, teary eyes. It's all just an act. I knew that, she knew that. 

"My God, Cody, your eye is swelling up so much. Can you hear me?" She asks, in a rush, with an hiccuped voice. It gave me the intention that she had been 'crying.'

I gain some strength and roll my eyes, grumpily pushing her away as I lift my front up and sit down on my butt. I move my hand up to my eye, the one where I could barely see out of. I could already feel it swelling up as it got bigger and bigger. Great, just great. 

"Cody–" she starts, but I don't wanna hear it.

"Shut up," I bluntly say. 

"Come on, you're hur–"

"Shut up," I repeat, slowly starting to regain my strength and the ability to make everyone hate me within seconds. 

"Let me help you," she pleads, arching forward and grabbing my hand. 

I pull away, roughly. "Help?" I sneer. "Help me with what?! All you ever do is cause me trouble! How could you be any help?!"

My eye is ringing, my head is pounding, my hands that are making me sit up, are slipping. 

"Cody..." 

"No. Please."

"You need me," she states, as if she truly meant it. She was crazy. Because, as if I would ever need someone like her.

"I don't need you! I don't need anyone! I...don't...need..."

And as my hands slip, I fall back where I belong. 

In the Darkness. 

Jasmine POV

As I shut the door and got the rest of my belongings into the foyer, I smile.

Today might have been the best day I've had since I've left California. To be honest, it wasn't that we did so much. It was just the thought of being on the same side as Mom that made the day worthwhile. Sure she might be an aśshole sometimes, but for today, I'm not even going to think about it because I don't want to feel sorry for myself any longer. I want Mom back, so I was not going to spoil the day or ruin it.

"Honey! Did you get everything?" Mom yells, from her upstairs room. 

"Yeah!" I yell back. 

"I'm going to take a shower! Tell Cody to heat the leftover from yesterday!"

"Okay!"