𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲

MONDAY
2:23 PM

I was lying in bed, enjoying my nice, and quiet evening, when all of a sudden.. I hear an agitating, grating voice.

"Madison Carter! Go pick up Hope right now! I'm going on a date with a handsome man, and the two of you little pricks can't ruin it." Heather yelled from the kitchen. I call her Heather, because I don't count her as my mom.

"Yes, mother. Anything for you mother! Oh, here's a thousand dollars, mother! Go! Be with the love of your life, I'll take care of us mother!"  I say in a mocking voice. I grab my car keys, and start driving to my sisters school.

The only good thing about anything anymore, is really my car. My dad left a huge amount of money left, plus a few extras. Like this car. It's a Black BMW X6 xDrive40i with white interior.

It's nothing special, but it's a really nice car. I was hoping to eventually save up more to get my dream car, a Lamborghini Urus. Everybody's got dreams, mine is just.. unachievable?? Unthinkable??

I arrive at her school, and wait at the parent pick up/drop off zone. No, I'm not a parent. But in my case, technically I am.

I scroll on Instagram for a while, and wait until her class comes out. Usually a lot of parents come here really early and it gets crowded quickly. So I always try to keep my head down and not interact with any of the moms because they're all crazy. And I really try not to interact with one especially.

All of the other moms are fine with her, but that's because they are not raging lesbians with no kids and no husband. I guess it's safe to say, I have a giant crush on this woman, and her daughter is my sister's bestfriend.

So, there's really no way of getting out of this situation. So I have no choice to see her. In fact, she's here now.

I look up from my phone and see another mom waving at her. "Oh hey, Scarlett!"

I watch the conversation from afar, and watch as her eyes scan around the place, locking with mine before I quickly looked at my phone pretending to do something. Please don't come over here.. Please don't come over here!

"Madison!" She shouts. I'm fucked.

"Oh, hi.. Ms. Johansson!" I say and stand up to hug her. Our little 'greeting' is close to natural, or that's what she thinks.

We see each other, we say hi and hug. A normal, adult, friendship. I'm almost 1000% percent sure that's what she thinks. I think, we see each other, I avoid her at all costs, she comes over, and I act all nice and innocent like I don't have a huge crush on her.

"How many times have I told you, it's Scarlett." She says with a stern face.

"R-right.. Sorry Ms- Scarlett." I say and sit back down. She takes a seat next to me.

"So.. how have you been? How's Hope. I know she and Rose haven't hung out that much.. If you don't mind me asking.. why is that? I'm always free but you girls never seem to be.." Scarlett explains and I sigh.

"I'm good, I'm okay. Hope is doing good to just getting into that really bratty stage. And I guess it has been a while since they've hung out outside of school." I let out.

"But also, I've been... kind of busy with work and stuff.. so you know.." I say obviously lying, I just hope the actress won't notice the act.

"Oh.. uh, yeah. I get that a lot. I just thought it was maybe because of me." She says.

"Oh no!" I said a little too fast..

"I mean, no. It is definitely not you..." It's totally you, Scarlett.