𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

MONDAY
8:50 AM

Over the weekend, I spent my Saturday and Sunday moving into my new apartment. Currently, I am living in it. I am not FULLY moved in, however there is enough furniture for now.

Now, the situation with Hope is getting resolved. She is going to permanently live with our Aunt and Uncle in a nicer part of New Jersey. I am going to miss her, a lot. I promised to visit her pretty much every weekend, but with work and my schedule, it is going to be hard.

A plus for her is that my cousin who is her age, is going to be there with her. So Hope will be with someone. I am sad that I won't be taking Hope with me to places anymore, but everything eventually changes.

I drove Hope over to their house yesterday, because when I told my mother I was moving, she had a huge fit. So, I moved Hope and I away from my mother. For good, until she gets her shit together.

The only thing I am forgetting, is to tell Scarlett and Rose. I figured instead of calling over the phone and saying it, showing up at her house with a few nice things would make the situation lighter.

As I get up from my new bed, and walk into mg new kitchen, I open my phone. I go to Scarletts contact, and click call. Breathing nervously, because it's been three days since we talked. Not about the situation, just in general.

"Hello?" Scarlett answers.

"Scarlett, hi." I say with an uneasy voice.

"I'm glad you called, I wasn't sure if Hope was coming to school today. I was a bit worried if someone had gotten sick or something." She says and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, about that. Is it okay if I come over later when Rose gets home from school?" I ask her. She better say yes.

"Of course, but, may I ask why?"

"I would like to talk about something, with you and Rose. Do you know what kind of candy and toys she likes? Things that make her happy?" I ask Scarlett.

"Uh.. yeah. I'll text you. I need to bring her in to school now." Scarlett says. Okay......

"Great! Thanks!" I say and hang up the phone. Scarlett texts me with a bunch of information about Rose.

I quickly get changed into black leggings, my seafoam jordan 4's, and a light green hoodie to match. Yes, it is still early in the morning, so I am going to run some errands I've been needing to run.

_____

SCARLETTS POV:

I was a bit worried at Madison's sudden request to come over, and why she was asking about those things for Rose. Luckily, and I made sure this time, Colin really won't be home until tomorrow morning. Some business trip or some shit.

I get home, and clean my house. To be fair, my house is always clean, and it is right now. Because it should always be clean and prepared. But for Madison, I should tidy up a bit more. I'm not trying to impress her or anything... just more of... making her feel..... at home?..

As I'm cleaning, I come to a very unusual choice. Do I make sure the guest bedroom is prepped and ready to go? Gosh, that is so weird for me to say! Do I really think she's going to want to spend the night?! Who am I kidding? And what the hell! I never let my friends spend the night unexpectedly, or ever! Unless it's Chris, Lizzie, Florence, Rob, the other Chris, basically the Marvel cast but that's explainable.

God, Scarlett. Just stop.

I sit on my bed and think about what I am going to where. I settle for some blue jeans and a white button up, tucked into my jeans. I decided to go for a simple elegant mom look, and tie my hair back and wear my glasses.