𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

WEDNESDAY
2:30 PM

MADISONS POV:

Gosh, where to even start?

So Scarlett and I hung out on tuesday. Surely only because Hope and Rose were there. Of course, a fun day for the kids was all it was.
I can't believe I acted like that yesterday. Like I was some fan, fangirling over her idol. Like dude! Come on!!

This is why I refused to see her before the first time we hung out again. Because I get all groggy and flirty around her, and I don't like that. I just want to be her friend, yeah. Just a close friend! Because in reality, there's no escaping at least some sort of relationship between us, because Rose and Hope are best friends.

Honestly, yeah. I'm just going to be her friend. A person who gets her, comforts her, and is there for her. Push away the feelings. I've got this.
_____

I sit on the bench I normally sit at, and wait for Hopes class to come out. I scroll on my phone, also like usual. As I wait for Hope, I hear a familiar voice that I recognize all too well. And then I see a very giant, green, ugly ogre-

Oh no, that's just Colin.

COLIN?!

She brought her husband with her??
Wait what am I even saying. Of course she brought her husband with her. They're married. So here I am, creepily stealing glances at the two of them laughing.

Ugh, I literally hate men. So much. But I just have to live with the fact that they sadly do exist, and they sadly will keep existing.

Soon, I see Hopes class come out and I am immediately filled with relief and happiness. I don't have to see or listen to her ugly husband.

"Hey Hope! How was school today?" I ask my little sister as I take her bag on my back and walk us to my car.

"It was fun! Rosie and I played today again like we always do! Can we have a playdate again?? Please????" Hope asks and I just smile. Smiling the pain away..

"Of course you can. But remember, Rosies mom has to say yes too. We can't just invite ourselves silly!" I laugh and tickle her. As we're walking to my car, I hear shouting in the distance.

I look over subtly and see that Rose is yelling at Colin. Huh. I'm not sure if what I am seeing is true, but it looks like Colin is trying to pick up Rose and she won't let him. Before I could get to my car, Hope lets go of my hand and runs in that direction.

"No Hope! Come back!" I yell as I chase after my sister. She's inviting herself, what did I just say.

Hope runs over to Rose and hugs her, and starts yelling at Colin. Shit. Out of the corner of my eye I see Scarlett coming back from wherever she went, and her eyes go wide.

Hope is screaming at Colin, Rose is crying, and I'm just there.

"What happened? I was gone for five minutes!" Scarlett says in a worried way. I just look at Scarlett apologetically, then walk over to Hope and crouch down.

"Hope..." I say lowly. She looks at the ground with a tear in her eye. She did the right thing, I won't yell at her for that.

"It's okay. Rosie is okay, look." I say and show her that Rose is fine. Hope turns back to me.