𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

FRIDAY
8:02 PM

MADISONS POV:

Are you fucking kidding me.

"Florence! It's so great to see you!" She says, and hugs Florence.

"Scarlett, meet Aretsia and Nasorie!" Florence says. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see her giving them all hugs.

"Hi, I'm Willow! Florence always says nice things about you. I cannot wait to find them out for myself!" Willow says. Oh, I can tell when Willow doesn't like a person, and my gosh, she is not liking Scarlett.

I've never told Willow about Scarlett.
But the fact that she is already getting a bad vibe...? Yikes.

"And this is Madison!" Florence says and I finally look up at Scarlett.

I'm assuming Scarlett did not know that it was me, considering her slight gasp, wide eyes, and agape mouth. "Hi." I just say.

As she leans in for a hug, I put my hand in between our stomachs to stop her, motioning for her to just shake it. Which she does. And then I realize, that I have to sit next to her. Listen, I am just trying to pretend that we don't know each other so we can avoid everything.

I also just realized what she is wearing. She is wearing a strapless, sort of white and blue dress, with blue heels and blue earrings. The way she dresses and the way she matches everything. Holy shit. She is fucking majestic.

I clear my throat and adjust my position again. Because, my gosh. I could cry right now because she is so beautiful. I'm about too.

"So, Scarlett. How have you been?" One of the girls speak up. I don't even know who it is because I am way too focuses on something else.

Rather, someone else.

"Great! Everything's been great, you know with my daughter, Rose. And my husband, Colin." She says and I make a slight noise at his name.

"Do you have any friends here? Considering I am not here." Florence says and Scarlett laughs. No, the whole table laughs. Except for me.

"I do! You know, some of the moms at Rose's school are very nice and polite. I have this one friend, who I think I have gotten very close too." Scarlett says and I groan.

"Oh look at that! The waiter, finally." I say and roll my eyes. He comes over and takes all of our orders.

I ended up saying everyone's orders for them, cause it turns out, the guy only speaks French! And I speak French! I just got a new dish that I have not tried yet.

"And more white wine, please." I say. Gosh, I need it. I need it a lot.
________

Everyone is taking bites of their food. It lowkey annoys me, hearing people chew. Especially when their mouth is open. I'm not saying anyone's mouth is open right now, I just hate the sound of all chewing.

"This food is amazing. Madison, we should come here sometime for dinner instead of having it at my place." Scarlett says, in the middle of all the silence. That's it.

I throw my napkin on the table, and excuse myself to the bathroom. I would like to say that I walked there, but I fairly stomped my way.

I look at myself in the mirror, and just breathe. She literally blew my cover. Gosh, she has no selflessness!! A few seconds later, the door swings open.

"You've got to be kidding me." I say and throw my hands in the air.

"What is wrong with you?" Scarlett asks me.

"What is wrong with me? What is wrong with you!" I whisper shout.

"Is this about the kiss? I thought we talked about that." She says. I sign in defeat.