CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

I was frozen by his words and it made a tear fall from my eyes. He gently rubbed his thumb on my cheeks to wipe the tear away.

"Shhh. Remember, I don't want you crying."

"Do you mean we're okay now? I really hate myself when I let you down. I'm so freak! I'm so sorry."

His eyes are knitted and his reaction seems unfavorable.

"But babe, not this time.. We can still be friends but I think this is not the appropriate time for the two of us. Maybe we should first focus on reaching our dreams. I'll face you once I know, I'm the right man for you. I hope you understand me.."

He kissed my forehead again and turned back to the library. Leaving me blanky and frozen.

He just said that it will be better if we get separated.

---

I prepared going to bed then lie comfortably. A flashback of us plays on my mind. I can't lose him. I just can't sleep tonight. I feel so confused. My emotions are thoroughly mixed but I know, there's not even a little happiness in my heart. I feel so broken and down.

I pulled out my guitar from its pink leather case. Old ballad songs keep on chanting inside my brain. I played I'll never get over and sings it softly. Old songs, A hymn that serves as lullaby for me to fall asleep.

♪"I hear you're taking the town again, having a good time, with all your goodtime friends...."♪

But a reminiscence of me, singing for him over the phone flashes from my deepest memories. I couldn't help myself to cry. I continued playing until I feel dizzy.

FLASHBACK

Jiro called me in the darkest night of our fifth monthsary. He requested me to sing for him, God Gave Me You.

♪"God gave me you... to show me what's real...."♪

After singing, I told him about some of my plans after we graduated. He was so amazed but still believing. He never get tired of listening to my childish stories and fantasy dreams even though he... I know, they won't come true. There are still dreams of mine which I believe would still come into a reality.

I sent him a message wherein all of my possible and impossible dreams are listed.

TEXT MESSAGE TO JIRO BABE

"Hey babe, these are the lists of my dreams. Categorized as possible or impossible dreams. I want you to read it loud over the phone, okay? :)

Possible Dreams:

-To graduate

-To obtain master's degree

-To become an owner of any hospitality business

-To have my babe together with our family, FOREVER. ∞

Impossible Dreams:

-To become rich

-To become a crown princess

-To be internationally famous

---

"Whoa babe, your dreams are just, fantastic. However, you seem to dream high eh?"

"What exactly would you like to say?" My pitch increased and I started scolding him.

"Hey calm down, I was just trying to throw jokes on you. So fast tempered baby, relax."

"Good night. I already feel sleepy. Happy saturday."

I dropped the call and threw my phone on the bed. I feel so devastated.

I held my guitar and keep playing songs that would fit my mood.

After two songs, I put it back in the pink leather case and hung it on my intrument rack where pink electric guitar is also hanging.

I went back on the bed and scanbed my phone. I received a good night message from him and immediately read it.

"Hi Cara babe. Happy fifth monthsary to us. I never thought this time will come when you and I are already into each other. Even though you get mad so fast or your actions are so childish, I'll y love you and do everything for you to keep on smiling. Remember when I promised you, I'll never leat you down nor do things that would make you cry, I do it not only for you but also for me because I don't know how my life would be without you by my side. I will not be able to go through the struggles and sorrows without you. That's how much I need you. As to my love for you. I don't knowvhowbit exists but t all I know is, I love you. Good night. :*"

That message of him made my tears fall again. I'm so lucky to have a man like him in my life.

BACK TO REALITY

I felt so groggy. kept my guitar on its pink leather case and put it back on its original position. I went out of my room and made a chocolate-coffee drink for myself. I don't really feel good by now. I drank something to at least soothe me. I always create something sweet for myself whenever I' m not feeling so good.

A thought flew from mind. I'd wait for him... I'll prove to him that he's the right man for me and I'm the right girl for him.