CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

-------------------

0000H

Day before Nate's flight

I'd tell you this, Nate is going to leave me! He told me he's going to France to continue his studies. He also told me that he has to marry his godfather's daughter since they are both in the age of majority and for their business. What He couldn't do anything about it. He has to follow orders. The worst part is, he just told me, two days before his flight. Tomorrow is his flight. It makes me lonely. I have lost my appetite and now I'm thinking how I could live without him. You know that he's my first love. I feel so broken and down.

All I want to do is to cry. I want to sleep forever. I don't want these painful memories linger in my mind.

God, please guide me. I'l leave myself to you hands.

------

Last input in my diary when I'm still on fourteenth year of my life. So Nate knows me already.. Maybe that's why he acts like he knows me very well when he's with me.

Tears start to fall again. I feel so helpless. I feel like, everything

"What happened? How did I come up with an amnesia?"

"The day after his flight, you're on your way to your school. Witnesses said that you're not with yourself before the accident. You're so gloomy. You crossed the street when a container van hit you. But dear, you were not in the pedestrian lane. The driver saw you when you are already hit. We didn't file a case against the driver because witnesses saw everything."

"It's okay. Then, what happened?"

"We thought we're going to lose you. You needed blood transfusion. Thank God your father is qualified. You've been commatosed for almost a month. You celebrated your fifteenth birthday while you are asleep. The doctors let you discharge from the hospital even without conscious because you're only sleeping during that time. Two weeks after you've been discharged from the hospital, you have woken up. You know who you are but you don't know who we are. You don't remember much about your past. The reason why we didn't tell you is, we don't want you to hate life. When Nate left you, you were so depressed. We let you start new life without him. He was your first love. At thirteen, you have liked him, at fourteen, the two of you are doing good with your friendship. What made you depressed was when he didn't tell you that he has to go, several days before this tragedy happened to you." Mom explained. Tears fall down from her gloomy eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me everything?"

"Because they don't want you to remember the things that hurt you most. They want you to forget me for you to start a new life with the person who really deserves your love..." Nate and Jiro entered my room. They were listening outside the door. Jiro remained silent. Everything remains vague for him. But since he knows it's about me, he listens.

"I want to tell you that I came back for you. I didn't marry her... I finished my studies and worked hard for you. Please forgive me. I... Still love you. I haven't told you, but I did."

Everything went back to my memory. His sweetness. Him, being my night and shining armor whenever kids bully me. Times when he visits me and brings chocolate doughnuts. When he teases me and brings surprises. We were the very best friends before. Now, memories are all gone.

Jiro frowned and turned his back away from us. "I'm sorry Nate, I'm in love with someone else." Tears formed from Nate's eyes. "I understand. It's him, right?" He pointed his index finger to Jiro and I nodded. He tried to show a smile on his face and said, "I'm still your best friend, Cara. Promise, I'll still be here for you." He said, the hugged me while saying, "I'm so sorry Cara. Please forgive me." "Forgiven." I replied.