Chapter sixteen

"Ah, so Jacob, do you want to, maybe, I don't know.. Come over for awhile, well if you're not busy or anything, I don't wanna-" he soon cut me off.

"You're cute when you ramble, but yeah sure." He gave me a light smile that I could only just see from under the street lights. I blushed slightly and kept walking.
-
I slid my key into the lock and turned it until I heard it click, I turned the handle and pushed the door open then sliding my hand against the wall trying to find the light switch.

"Um, take a seat if you want, I'm just going to go get change into comfier clothes" I say while heading towards the hallway "be back in a minute" I finish.

Even though I barely knew this guy, I really wasn't worried about him being here. He was practically a total stranger to me, but he didn't seem like the kind of guy to hurt me or something alike.

I decided on changing into a pair of black short training shorts and a grey singlet, I walked into the bathroom and tied my hair up into a messy bun then made my way back down the hallway.

"Hey Jacob, would you like a drink? Or something to eat?" I ask while walking into the kitchen. I didn't get a reply but soon enough he made his own way to the kitchen. "Could I just have a glass of water please?" He asks politely. "Sure" I say while grabbing a clean and sparkly glass out of the cupboard.

Once I filled it up I placed it on the island in the middle of the kitchen since Jacob was sitting on a stool there. "Thank you" he mumbled. I gave him a light smile and grabbed my own glass of water.
-
It was soon midnight and myself and Jacob decided that he would be staying the night but in the spare room, he had offered to sleep on the couch so I wouldn't be too uncomfortable but I was fine with it. Why would I be uncomfortable anyway?

We were still up watching movies, I wasn't really tired but I could tell he was. I nearly jumped into the roof when there was a pounding at the door.

I got up and walked over to the front door and opened it slightly and peaked through.

Luke.

Now what does he want?

"Luke?" I mumbled, I had realised that I was actually tired, well considering my voice sounded like my morning voice. "Oh baby" his voice was slurred.

Of course he came over.

He's drunk.

"You should probably go home, you're drunk." I mentioned while trying to close the door. But he was focused on something in the background.

Then it clicked.

"What the fuck is he doing here? Are you cheating on me? Did you two have sex?" His words not even slurred anymore.

"No Luke! I promise! How would I cheat on you if we're not even together?" I asked. His gaze from the lounge room soon landed on my eyes, there was a spark of hurt, and another of pain, then another of what looked like fear?

"Oh right." He mumbled "no Luke, I didn't mean it like that" "do I not mean anything to you, Aurora? Is that what this is? You know, I did think that I was something to you, I thought that we were something, but I guess I thought wrong right? After everything I went through for you? I can't fucking believe this. You fucked a stranger."

His words hit me hard, he meant everything to me, I honestly can't believe he thinks this, but it's probably a side affect of the alcohol, or is it?

And that is all I remember.
-
-
-
I woke up and checked my alarm clock to see it was 11:13am. Fucking hell.

I groaned and threw the covers off of my body, I stood up and stretched before heading towards the lounge room. I looked around to see an empty house, well apart from Montana laying across the couch.

I walked into the kitchen to see a note on the bench.

'Your 'boyfriend' I must say, isn't all the nicest person to you, to tell you the truth you deserve better than him, he got jealous and overprotective over nothing. He is a complete asshole and I think you need to see that. I wasn't going to try anything on you and I'll get the constant reminder from that from my black eye. Thanks a lot.
By the way, here's my number if you ever need someone. ..........
- Jacob'

I walked back down the hallway while my temper was rising, Luke was a dick, hitting Jacob? He didn't even know the guy and hit him. I grabbed my phone off my bed side table and dialled Luke's number.

*ring*
*ring*

He soon answered the phone, and to be honest, it was answered quiet fast, two rings?

Luke: hello
Me: what the fuck Luke
Luke: what are you talking about?
Me: why did you hit Jacob!?
Luke: why do you care so much?
Me: maybe because he's my friend.

Luke stayed silent for a moment before finally answering.

Luke: well I care about you, alright? I was worried that maybe he'd do something to you that you wouldn't like! Aurora, I'm possessive and I'm allowed to be. I want you to be mine, and with another guy coming into your life will make it harder for me, you're who I want to be with for the rest of my life, you're.. You're the one I love, I'm in love with you and I was being overprotective, and I'm sorry, I was also drunk and I couldn't help that.

I was speechless to say the least, I didn't realise that it was like this? I could feel tears pricking at my eyes and I took in a shaky breath.

Me: I'm sorry

I mumble

Luke: don't cry, please.

We didn't stay on the phone for much longer, mainly because I could barely hold it in, but what about Jacob?