Chapter ten

Luke's P.O.V

"Fuck off, Luke" she says as she walks away, tears running down her stained face. I didn't follow her, yet I wish I could move and do so.

I watch as the cab drives off from down the road, I had made her cry and I wish I had never said or done what I did. She didn't deserve it, she's been hurt so many times before and of course I had to add another one to the list.

I wish I wasn't living.

"I think you should go home, Melody" I finally say. "I understand" she answers while gathering her things "bye, Luke" "bye."

I never should have made her feel that way, I don't know if I love her or not but now everything is other, she'll never want to speak to me again after what I had done.
-
"Luke!" I awake from a quick nap "Luke!" I hear someone shout once again, my bedroom door slams open only to see Michael. "It's Aurora, get ready!" He shouts. What? What does he mean? "What are you talking about?" I ask still trying to wake up.

"S-she was in a... Car accident."

No, no no no.

This can't be true.

What if she was dead?

"Are you fucking serious!" I shout, I have no reason to why I should be taking this out Michael, it's not like it's his fault.

"We're going to the hospital" he answers, I can feel tears brimming upon my eyes.

What had I done?

I had caused this, is I had kept her here that little bit longer, she wouldn't be in the hospital.

She wouldn't of been in the accident.

If I followed her after, she wouldn't of went in that cab.
-
-
-
Once we had reached the hospital I didn't know what to do with myself, we all had to wait in the waiting room, they told us that she arrived 3 hours ago and they just finished fixing her up.

But she hadn't awoken.

I then decided to call Kayleigh.

*ring*
*ring*
*ring*

On the third ring she answered.

"Hello" she said, I feel a tear or two fall down my face "Kayleigh" is all I said "Luke? What's wrong?" She asked "Aurora.. She-she's been in an accident.." I wipe the few tears from my eyes.

"Luke! Are you serious!" She almost shouts "I wouldn't joke about this shit!" She stayed silent for awhile "I have to go. Bye." Then she hung up.
-
-
-
"Are you all here for Aurora Wembileigh?" A nurse asks "yes, yes we are" Ashton says.

"I'm sorry to say boys, but Aurora is in a coma."

My heart shattered then and there.

I watched as the rest of the boys just stood there frozen in place and looked as if they didn't know what to do.

I didn't know what to do myself.
-
-
-
It had been a week since the accident. Everyday I have visited her, occasionally I have been staying at the hospital but there's no sign of her waking up.

I wrote a song for her.

I walked into her room, all the machines beeping, all the machines keeping her alive. But she's in that stupid coma.

I picked up the guitar beside her bed that I brought in the third day.

And I started playing.

Woah, Woah
This is everything I didn't say

Wait, don't tell me, heaven is a place on earth
I wish I could rewind all the times that I didn't
Show you what you're really worth

The way, you held me, I wish that I had put you first
I was wrong I admit, numb from your kiss
While you were slipping through my fingertips

Taking every breath away
With all of the mistakes I made
From all the letters that I saved
This is everything I didn't say

I wish I could of made you stay
And I'm the only one to blame
I know that it's a little too late
This is everything I didn't say

Woah, Woah
This is everything I didn't say

Wake me up now, and tell me this is all a bad dream
All the songs that I wrote, all the wrongs that I hoped would erase from your memory
Holding onto a broken and empty heart
Flowers I should've bought, all the hours I lost
Wish I could bring it back to the start

Taking every breath away
With all of the mistakes I made
From all the letters that I saved
This is everything I didn't say

I wish I could of made you stay
And I'm the only one to blame
I know that it's a little too late
This is everything I didn't say

I hope you know, for you I'd sacrifice
To make this right, woah woah
Someday, I'm sure
We'll pass each other by
Until that time

Taking every breath away
With all of the mistakes I made
From all the letters that I saved
This is everything I didn't say

I wish I could of made you stay
And I'm the only one to blame
I know that it's a little too late
This is everything I didn't say

Woah, Woah
This is everything I didn't say

Aurora's P.O.V

All I could hear was that beautiful song.

That's what woke me.

I didn't move, I just wanted to listen to the song. That song brought me back.

I heard him start to cry, he suddenly grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly, I then opened my eyes to see Luke's head in his spare hand.

"L-Luke" I stutter out, it had been awhile since I last spoke, well, I don't even know how long it's been.

His head darted up, his eyes all red and puffy. He had black bags under his eyes from what I'm guessing lack of sleep?

"Aurora! You're awake!" He almost shouts while sniffing. "Shh Luke" I say. He let go of my hand and frowned, he then lightly hugged my body "I'm so sorry" his words muffled in my chest.

Then I remembered what happened before the accident.

I stayed quiet and didn't say anything.

"I'm to blame for all of this" he mumbles. "You hurt me Luke" I manage to make out.

"But I do love you, Aurora."