Chapter eighteen

Hearing those words slightly broke me, to know that one of my best friends was in love with my own boyfriend? Wow. I think the worst part is, that she didn't even tell me, I had to hear it from someone else! Why?

"Aurora?" I look back up to the screen to see a worrying Kayleigh. "I have to go" I bluntly say before ending the call. I slammed my laptop closed and laid back down on my bed, I was completely upset, I wouldn't of ever thought that this would have happened?

I was nervous yet angry but I decided on calling Zoe. It probably wasn't the best thing to do, but I am going to.

I grabbed my phone from my side table and looked through my contacts until I found her name. My thumb hovered over the phone button before I hit it. My stomach filled with butterflies as I was nervous. I hadn't spoken to her in ages yet here I am?
*ring*
*ring*
*ring*
*ring*
"Hello?" She answered, I took in a deep and sharp breath "Zoe, is there something that you're hiding from me?" I blurt out, the butterflies leaving my stomach as a feeling of anger brewed.

"What do you mean?" She asked, I could tell she was nervous, just by her 'innocent' voice. "Zoe!" I shout, it was probably a bit uncalled for but I did. "Aurora, what's going on?" A worrying tone hitting my ear. "Why didn't you tell me?" My voice so light and quiet, I could feel tears welling up in my eyes, and before I knew it a tear rolled down my face.

"Aurora? Why are you upset?" Zoe said. "That's it Zoe, why can't you be honest with me for fuck sake! Why did you never tell me that you love Luke! You've been hiding it from me! Why?" I blurted out into the phone. She was silent, she wouldn't say anything, I knew know it was true. I was hurt.

"Because I knew you loved him." Her voice was weak, I was upset and mad, I pulled the phone away from my ear and ended the call, I don't know why my emotions were taking over me, I don't know why this was so bad in the first place?

I knew my eyes would of been puffy so I didn't go back into the living room, so instead I pulled my blanket over my body and tried to sleep, I know it was rude of me to do so considering my own boyfriend was over but I was too upset to care.

*Dream*
"Penny, grab your bag, time for school" I called out to my own daughter. She came running down the steps of the stairs with her long dirty blonde hair falling in front of her face. "Alright." She looked up to me with her bright blue eyes that only resembled someone else.

Who though?

"Bye dad" I turned around to see her kiss a man on the cheek before grabbing her bag from the table, I couldn't see his face as he was turned the other way, but his blonde hair reminded myself of someone. But who?

I grabbed my keys from the rack and looked around, my house was actually beautiful, as I was walking through the door I ran my fingers through my daughters long hair, she looked about eleven to thirteen maybe? And was gorgeous.

She turned around to face me before saying "you need to wake up" I was completely confused in all honesty. "What?" I asked "wake up."
*End of dream*

I woke up from someone pushing my shoulder, they were saying the same things as what my 'daughter' was saying in my dream, but the voice wasn't female. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes only to see Luke hovering above me.

"What do you want" I asked quite bitterly I might add. "Oh, someone is grumpy" he laughed, he stopped once he realised that I hadn't joined him. "Nothing, I was bored so I woke you up, have you been crying? Your eyes are kind of red and puffy?" He says as he lays down next to me.

"I don't want to talk about it." I say, still waking up. "Why not" he says sounding pissed. "Because I don't want to" I answer. "I obviously care, just tell me!"

"Oh my fucking God Luke. I found out the Zoe loves you! Is that what you wanted to hear? There you go, happy? You two could be happy together, you know? What I always wished to hav-" he cut me off quickly. "All I've wished for was to be with you, shut up, now hug me" he said as he held out his arms.

I was still quite pissed but I gladly took the offer. I started to think about the dream I recently had, it was the sort of dream that wasn't something that was impossible to happen, it felt so real though?

I began to think about the man that was facing the opposite way from me, I wanted to know who it was. Honestly the hair reminded me of Luke, and my 'daughters' eyes were like his colour too. Absolutely beautiful.

"I had this dream" I began, looking up at Luke, I haven't gotten out of bed since well, when I called Kayleigh. Hmm.

"What was it about?" He asked while he stroked my hair, "well, it seemed so real! I had a daughter, she had long dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes! She was eleven to thirteen maybe? And when she was leaving she kissed this man that I suppose was my husband? I never saw his face, but his hai.." I trailed off as I squinted my eyes at Luke.

I began blushing, a lot. I realised that my 'husband' was Luke? His hair was the same as the boy in front of me. "Why are you blushing so much? You never finished?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he smiled. "I realised who it was" I said as I looked away and fumbled with my fingers.

"Who?" He asked, I have a huge feeling that he knew exactly who it was, but just wanted to hear it from me. I started blushing more, my face heating up rapidly "you.." I mumbled.

"Aw, dat's cute" he said before kissing my forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you too."