four

"oh." wilbur said again.

"gentlemen, please state your cases."

as the three explained, well more like wilbur and dream while schlatt sat there and was being a dickhead.

"moony has made her decision, wilbur soot." the two men locked eyes as wilbur listened for the verdict. "you are SAFE." a verbal breath left his lungs at the reassuring answer. "dream. i am so sorry but you are OUT OF THE COMPETITION."

"why?" he asked. he didn't sound heartbroken.

"you're nice but we're basically better as friends...?" "ooh, the friend zone technique. dream, did you pick love or host?"

"i picked host!" "oh my god, you traitor!" quackity yelled. dream faked sadness and disconnected.

"now i feel bad. maybe schlatt should have been the option." alex joked.

~~~

at this point, there were four contestants left. wilbur, quackity, tommy and schlatt. it was one of the strangest group of contestants, yet the five bounced off eachother perfectly.

"it's time to bring in moony's special guest! everyone welcome her best friend, lucine!"

alex sent a text and lucine had now pulled up a chair to the side of her best friend. "hello everyone. i've been watching the whole thing. it's gone much better than a particular persons previous love or host."

"true!" quackity yelled.

tommy just rolled his eyes. lucine smiles and continues on. "so moony has been my best friend for the better part of eight years. we met freshman year. best eight years of my life.

"anyway, my question is, what would you do to get my approval. is there anything that sets you apart from the other guys here?"

tommy gasps and grins. "i would have her in one of my really extremely funny minecraft mod videos." "quackity?" lucine pokes, tommy's answer unturned. "tommy, i'll come back to you."

"yes?" the spanish guy asks. "hello lucine."

"you strike me as a man who can play the kazoo." "i cannot play the kazoo." "heart broken. immediately."

alex watched lucine interact with everyone. she watched wilbur almost like a hawk. soon, it would be time to make a decision and throw two contestants to the streets.

"moony?" lucine snapped her out of the trance and austin and hasan share a gaze. like they already knew who alex would pick.

"i'll text you who is gone then?" alex asked austin and he nods.

"okay! quackity, you pleaded a great case. your explanation about your interesting minecraft dates were entertaining." austin began. "but you, quackity, are... SAFE FROM THIS DOUBLE ELIMINATION!"

"yes! yes! hell yeah!" quackity celebrates.

"which means two of you," austin grinned, "are going to be eliminated. nerve racking, moony?" "yeah. if it's anything to go off quackity here, i can only imagine the other reactions."

"alright," austin smirked. "the last person going through to the next round is..."

it felt more tense than it should be. lucine held alex's hand and the two waited out austin's painfully long silence.

"WILBUR SOOT! i'm sorry, tommy, schlatt, but you no longer are on the road to love. how are we feeling?"

schlatt slammed his hands on his desk and had a baby rage. tommy sat there, in shock. "you chose wilbur over me?! he's not even that good looking!"