thirty

the cocktail dress was extremely similar to the one from alex's dream. she felt the fabric brush against her, showing her off.

"knock, knock." opening the door, quackity stood there, mouth agape. "how do you get more cool and attractive and awesome each day?"

"wouldn't you like to know, weather boy?" "good reference." the two walked out into the party and it was as if someone was watching.

wilbur was. he was also jealous but lucine pulled him away from the view.

"drinks?" "obviously." the two walked over but alex was pulled from quackity. he didn't mind.

"jack!" she grinned, the two hugged. "how've you been."

"i'm doing absolutely fantastic moony." "you can call me alex if you'd like." the look on jacks face was priceless.

"you, quackity and techno share the same name! that's awesome." "rest in peace techno." alex hit her chest twice before putting a peace sign to the sky. the two stood silent for a second. "anyway, what's up jack?"

"wilbur wants to talk to you. something about you and alex?" moony audibly groans. "are you and wilbur not on good terms?" "not exactly. i'll talk to him though. thanks mate." they share a hand shake and alex tries to find wilbur and lucine.

"no but you look great." she heard wilbur reassure lucine.

"wilbur." the two turned to see alex standing there. wilbur did nothing as alex pulled him aside. "what do you need?"

"i just wanted to say you look really nice."

"that's not all. jack said you were commenting about me and quackity. what do you want to say about us?"

"i'm happy for you. as much as i still like you, i'm glad you've found someone else who can make you happier."

alex sighed, smiling softly. the two shared a hug, "hey, thanks. that's really thoughtful and kind and although, it's not what i expected, you and lucine are very good together."

"thanks?" the black haired girl almost spat. "are you here to bitch about wilbur?" this made wilbur pull out of her grasp and she gasped. "what was that for?"

"i want to part ways with you, lucine. the way you've been treating alex these past weeks is despicable and i want nothing to do with it."

the two walked off to find quackity but wilbur left halfway to talk to tommy.

"hey!" alex took the drink her crush gave her and sipped it. "that's really good." "what did wilbur say?" "we set the past in the past and he also stopped what he had with lucine. it was quite a weird five minutes."

"ah okay. at least you're okay. that's what matters, alex."

"thanks." they sipped.

~~~

"guys, it's nearly midnight!" bill yelled, everyone laughed. a cake was brought out and everyone turned to alexandra.

"what's this for?" ranboo pulled her up and she was confused.

"as we all know, alex's birthday is in ten minutes. and you've just surpassed three million on youtube. so why not smash them into a big achievement."

alex could almost cry as she took the reigns. "uh, thank you ranboo and thank you all. i've never had better friends who've cared about me as much as you all. in nine minutes, i'll be twenty three and it'll be the best way to end twenty twenty two! i can't believe i'm so old."

"phil's older!" tommy yelled as she laughed and phil slapped him, "phil!"

"thank you tommy. you always know what to say." he pulled kalarnie closer, who leaned into him.

"what i'm trying to say is that these past few months have been the best i could possibly ever imagine. confusing and frustrating at times but you all made it worthwhile and i thank you all for that. happy new year and happy early birthday to me!"

alex walked down and quackity spun her around. "you make a good spokesgirl."

"you make a mean compliment."

as the continued chatting, five or so minutes later, people were starting to yell. "midnight already?"

"nearly," alex laughed. the two played with each others gazes as people started to count down.

ten

alex took quackity's hand and pulled him closer.

nine

wilbur watched the two and smiled.

eight

the two alex's were now touching each others noses. it was really cute.

seven

lucine sat in the corner, chugging alcohol by the cup.

six

the yelling of the countdown began to simmer down, everything was going quiet to moony and quackity.

five

ranboo and bill were in one of the bedrooms, watching bluey together.

four

vodka had been alex's drink of choice tonight and she took one more sip of her vodka and orange juice.

three

tommy and kalarnie were yelling with the crowd.

two

fireworks were ready to burst as moony and alex held eachother face.

one

they started off the new year with a kiss, something that would signify them as a pair for years to come.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

pulling apart, alex started to laugh. "what's so funny?" quackity asked, a dumb smile on his face.

"i think i want to be your girlfriend."

"i think i want to be your boyfriend." quackity watched the girl as she gave him another kiss.

"twitter?"

moony <3 (@/moonlitlover)

this year, i got what i wished for
*picture of moony and quackity sharing a kiss*

💬 174k 🔁 100k ❤️ 826k

finn speaks!

oh my god, this is the last chapter and now i can mark this book as complete!

happy new year everybody! i hope you enjoyed watching alexandra grow like i did and i hope you all like how it turned out!

on a more serious note, this is my second book where i've completed the main story line! after publishing this, i will miss it so much. it'll be weird never writing about alex again but in this last bonus chapter for love of my life, we see her for the last time in a while.

i hope you all enjoyed this journey as much as i did and happy new year if it's 2023 and happy new year's eve if not!

bye for now :)