twenty five

no matter what i say or do, the message isn't getting through,

"if it isn't randall booth?" alex grinned. "thank you for offering me a place while i sort out wilbur."

"it's okay. i do have to leave soon, a few days, but our place is your place, alex. you might be there by yourself for a little."

"why are you so kind? you're a child, you should be scheming."

ranboo looked down at the brunette, "for what, exactly?" "i don't know, bullying phil for being old?"

the two snickered at her comment and alex yawned yet again. "we should take a photo of this moment."

"great idea." ranboo took out his phone and they both did gay poses. he posted it to twitter and everyone went crazy. alex then gasped.

"shit, wilbur would have seen that." "oh shoot!" ranboo deleted the tweet and luckily, there was not a single notification from her ex crush. "close one?"

entering the uber, alexandra felt like something bad was about to happen.

"bluey when we get home?" ranboo asked, pulling his mask up. alex nodded.

the two made it safe inside and ranboo showed alex where her room would be. it was big. "you have a big room. you have a big place!" "thanks." alex heard extra steps and turned.

"ran, who is this fine, fine lady?" a freckled boy asked, pulling his finest fuck boy face.

"i am out of your league. and your age range too." "bill, this is alex. i was on her love or host in november!"

"oh! i'm bill!"

"alex. nice to meet you! bluey?" she turned to ranboo, who smiled as they went to his room.

the two settled on his bed and as the kids show played, alex quickly fell asleep on ranboo's shoulder.

ran continued watching while making sure alex was comfortable. she needed the sleep for what she was about to accomplish.

the oddly weird silence is what woke alex up. usually she was trying to sleep in new york, horns honking or extreme raises of the voice. it was weird being somewhere where she could actually sleep without disturbance.

that and her phone was dead. so in the dark, she fumbled but managed to find a charger. slipping on her slides, alex tiredly made her way to the kitchen, where there was light. it was blinding but she got used to it.

"what time is it?" she yawned, looking up at ranboo.

"about two in the morning, i'm pretty sure." james blunt played softly in the background and right now, give me some love was playing, building to the chorus. it was calming.

alex felt, for the first time in months, super calm. "sorry for sleeping in your room." "it's fine. you genuinely needed the sleep."

she nodded, still a little hazy. "can i stream on your set up later? do you have a green screen?"

"yes and yes. you want to simulate your background or something?" "yeah, it might look weird but it's like one stream before everything is revealed." "that's a fair point."

the two sat in silence. the only noise was the faint playing of james blunt.

"thank you again for taking me in, you don't know what that means to me."

ranboo walked around and sat next to the brunette at the island. "are you sure you want to go see wilbur? alex, this seems all so impulsive." "if i didn't act on my impulse, i would probably still be upset about what he did back home. i would be alone for christmas."

the two sat before ranboo offered alex a hug. she took it and they stayed like that for about a minute. alex pulled away and looked up at ran, "you give brilliant hugs." she complimented, standing up. he stood up and she grinned. "why are you so tall? how tall are you exactly?"

"about six foot six?" "what the fuck? that's fucking crazy, are you kidding?" "nope, it is crazy, that's for sure."

she and ranboo conversed for quite a while. the only thing that broke the conversation was tommy calling alex through discord. "i should take it. hello?"

"i'm picking you up later, right?" "yeah, tom. that's correct. how's wilbur going?"

"he's fine. he's been asking about you. saying shit about you getting him a christmas present, what did you tell him?"

alex remembered the older man and her conversation after her origins stream. "uh, i asked him what he wanted for christmas. he thinks i'm sending something his way."

"okay..." his silence wasn't reassuring at all. "just get ready for today, right." "oh, yeah sure."

tommy hung up and she turned to ranboo. "wow."

james blunt powered through the girl's airpods as she waited for tommy. the car pulled up and she got in once he confirmed himself.

"tommy, hey." "you look super tired. did you get enough sleep?" "it's jet lag, man." "ah okay."

the two drove in silence to where wilbur was.

"nervous?" tommy asked. alex looked to him, taking out an airpod.

"yes, it would be safe to say i am? but at the same time, i think i'm ready to talk to him."

they arrived at wilbur's and a females voice is too easily heard. it sounded too familiar to alex. "that sounds too much like lucine."

tommy took her arm and reassured her. "wilbur?" the two went to open the door but along with wilbur, alex's best friend was attached at his hip.

"... alex?" wilbur asked. he walked forward but she stumbled back.

tommy immediately saw the light leave alex's eyes and he watched the conversation unfold. "you said you went to visit family." alex said to lucine.

"why are you with wilbur? and you. i thought you wouldn't be in this type of situation."

"alex- it's not what it seems." "no, wilbur, it is. how long has this been?" she asked, firmly gripping that same tone.

"ever since you left for quackity's, remember when you embarrassingly left the concert? wilbur needed someone to confide in and i was there for him when no one else was."

"i thought you liked me?" "i do, alex. it's not what it looks like." wilbur pointlessly argued.

as lucine grinned, she and wilbur watched tommy and alex leave. she was in tears and tommy was reassuring her.

and you're listening to the sound of my breaking heart.

finn speaks

plot twist?

i'm sorry lol