twelve

the four adults boarded the van before it journeyed to the hotel.

"hey, can i talk to you three?" wilbur turned to them. the rest of lovejoy were already at the hotel.

"what's up?" "the hotel ended up having only a room with two single beds."

"oh." alex's smile faded a little. "so what's the plan?"

"one will have to stay in my room."

lucine and lennon held their finger on their nose.

"i'm happy sleeping on the couch in the hotel room." alex suggested. wilbur, at this suggestion, seemed uncomfortable with it.

"no, i'll sleep on the couch. i don't want you straining your back." alex held her hand on top of his.

"no, i will sleep on the couch. you have to be in tip top shape for performing. it's not a big deal." "are you sure?"

"positive. wilbur, you need it more than i do."

although wilbur wasn't happy with the outcome, alex was most definitely not going to budge. the four made it to the hotel and met with ash, who showed lennon and lucine to their rooms.

the two streamers made it to the semi permanent room for the days they were there.

"this is actually pretty cute for a hotel room." alex pointed out, twirling as she rolled her suitcase with her. "i'm excited for tomorrow night, it's going to be exciting."

"so am i. i might take a bit of a nap before set up later. feel free to do whatever." wilbur said as he stood at the doorframe. alex began to exit before wilbur took her shoulder.

"hmm?" he smiled.

wilbur sighed, "i'm really happy you're here, alex." the two separated as alex slid her phone in her pocket and slid out of the room.

ash stood there. "i'm alex." she shook hands and he grinned.

"ash." a smile graced both their faces. the two ordered an uber to the nearest plaza and started on their way.

ash told alex that he would be filming for his december vlog. "oh, yeah, you can film. i don't mind!" he smiled and the two explored for an hour or so before making it back to the hotel where wilbur was getting ready for dinner. he mentioned earlier that he wanted to take her somewhere fancy.

shutting her and wilbur's door, as alex turned around, she caught sight of something. beet red, she scrambled to shut her eyes.

"oh my god, i am so sorry wilbur. i should have knocked." the man looked down at her, a little red.

"it's okay, i was just going into the bathroom to have a shower."

"r-right. i'll just wait until you go." she sat on the couch and shakily sighed. wilbur shut the door and alex fumbled to call her best friend. "lucine!" she whisper yelled.

"alex?" "i just walked into wilbur taking his shirt off." lucine just laughed.

"oh my god, you didn't." lennon laughed. "how red did you get?" "wilbur's in the shower and i'm not willing to go check, either."

the three had a rather embarrassing conversation and alex hung up as wilbur walked out, fluffing his hair. "it's free." he said as alex slipped into the bathroom with her clothes and makeup bag.

taking a steamy, hot shower was exactly what she needed. it would help wash away the embarrassment from earlier. she sang to herself.

wilbur stood at the doorway and just listened to the way alex sang soft boy. the dramatic, excessive riffs were surprisingly soothing and before he could knock, the shower stopped.

alex looked in the mirror and dried off, applying new makeup. slipping into the dress she brought; a simple red dress. not too extravagant but just enough to look nice. she paired that with red makeup that was just enough to make a statement.

using the hairdryer, alex's hair puffed out and she set it down.

the door opened and wilbur just stared at her. "how do i look?" her voice seemed meek. it was how she felt.

"beautiful." it seemed the word just slipped out. before he could say anything, alex laughed nervously.

"thank you wil."

the two gazed at eachother before a phone ringing jumpscared them. "what do you want, tommy?"

wilbur's mood had changed pretty quickly to attend to the boy. alex told wilbur that she would wait at the door for him and he nodded.

finn speaks
STOP I LOVE THEM. THEY WOULD MAKE SUCH A CUTE COUPLE

also how are you guys?