seventeen

"you couldn't have done it in private?!" alex asked him in their hotel room. "i understand the sentiment but i don't exactly want to start a relationship in the public eye. look i'm gonna just call quackity and stay with him for the night."

"alex, wait." she turned sharply, an unimpressed look on her face, "i'm sorry. we all planned this." "oh so that was why i was kicked from the room the other night? it didn't work."

taking her now packed suitcase that she packed while absent from the concert, she turned to wilbur promptly. "i'll be back in the morning."

alex whipped out her phone and in the elevator, called quackity. "could you possibly get me a place to sleep for the night?" "absolutely. i'll get there right now."

waiting out the front of the hotel only took a minute or so before the familiar car was sat before her and quackity was fitting her suitcase in the trunk of the car.

"i'm sorry about what happened earlier." "thanks but i don't know if wilbur is. why would he do that?!"

"because he likes you, alex." "i like him too, alex. i just wasn't ready to make that commitment infront of a venue full of fans."

"i can see that. look, let's get to mine, order anything you want and play stardew valley?"

alex smiled, "that sounds like a fucking brilliant plan. let's do it."

the two entered the younger boys home and he showed her to his guest bedroom. "this'll be your space for the night."

"thanks again, alex. you're a really good friend." "it's okay." the two hug for a second or so before quackity felt her pull away.

"right," he began, opening his phone, "what's for dinner?" "mcdonalds? i would kill for some shitty nuggets right now."

"mcdonalds it is." quackity goes to order and alex just sat on her bed for the night, tired and stressed.

she wasn't getting any texts but frankly, she didn't care. the only person she wanted to be near was alex.

he knocked on the door, "dinner is on its way." she nodded, sighing. "hey, talk to me alex. what's up?"

she looked up and the lighting shifted, making quackity look really pretty. she tried to figure what to say.

"well, i-" looking back to the spanish streamer, she swore she stuttered. "i just, i don't know, feel off about this whole situation. my best friend and brother know me in and out, why would they do this to me?"

tears ran down her cheeks, mascara and eyeliner running down her cheeks in black. "alex, why would they do this?"

"alex?" quackity asked, she looked up, sniffing. "i can tell that they've hurt you."

"they were trying to do something for me but it was just confusing and downright annoying. i shouldn't even be mad at them, should i?" "you have every right to be mad at them." "really?"

"yep. when does your flight leave?"

"five in the afternoon." "you know what we're going to do?"

she looked up, "what?" "we're going to have a girls day."

alex didn't say anything. "did i say something wrong?" "no." she laid her head on his shoulder and they sat there before quackity's phone buzzed.

"that's ronald mcdonald himself!" "alex, i don't think-" he opened the door and a tired delivery driver looked back his way. "thank you." alex smiled at the interaction and watched as quackity was really nice towards the worker.

it made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside. something she never felt around wilbur.

"the mcdonald's is acquired! let's go watch some netflix!"

alex laughed at quackity and followed him to the couch.

finn speaks :)
hi y'all.