Chapter 20: Just a Thought

KJ's POV

I cross my legs over one another as I type my English essay. Damon's lying next to me, dragging his hand over my arm. "When are you gonna do your next tattoo?" I glance down at my arm, turning it over to glance at the ink. "Probably sometime this week. The other one is almost healed but since my skin is used to it and I can use a spell to speed it up, I might do more than one."

As I keep typing, Damon stops tracing my arm and rolls onto his back, facing the ceiling. "Do you know what you want the design to be?" I nod and answer, "I wanted to get my birthday in roman numerals. I don't know about placement though. There was also this abstract portrait I sketched out. That one I would put on my outer bicep." Damon hums before rolling over to face me. "KJ, what do you say about going to Georgia with me?"

I stop typing and look down at Damon from my keyboard. "I'd say you're out of your God-given mind if you think I'd be able to skip town without cousin Bonnie finding out." Damon rolls his eyes and answers, "You're a witch. You can do a cloaking spell." I chuckle and move my computer off of my lap before rolling over Damon, my hands holding me over him. "I can't afford to miss school. It's my senior year and this would just cause Bonnie to hate you even more. She'd say you're 'corrupting her cousin'." I answer, rolling my eyes. "Plus, this essay is due bright and early tomorrow morning." 

Damon runs his hands down my arms and smirks. "This Tuesday night is still young." I roll my eyes and collapse onto him, letting my body roll onto the other side of the bed. "No, Damon. It already took me long enough to start this essay. I'm one-third of the way done. Considering that I've been here, I'm doing pretty damn good." Damon leans his head on his hand, elbow resting on the mattress. "Are you Ms. Womack, saying that I'm a distraction?" I smile and scoot my face closer to his. "It depends on how you take it, Mr. Salvatore."

He pulls my lips to his by wrapping his hand around the back of my neck. I attempt to roll on top of him but he easily overpowers me and uses his strength to hold himself above me. I let my hands run through his hair. The one hand he had around my neck follows the other to hold my waist as I move my hips up to meet his. Damon moves his head back and groans. 

"KJ, you're gonna be the death of me." He holds one of my hands against his cheeks, barely taking breaths. I laugh and reply, "I can't technically kill you. Unless I staked you through the heart or did some kind of spell." Damon shakes his head before moving from the bed over to his small whiskey table. "You are becoming my kryptonite." I jump off the bed and walk over to Damon, standing behind him and locking my arms around his waist. "Think of me more as your guardian angel that also has the arsenal to kill you." He takes a quick sip of his drink before sitting it down and turning to face me.

"M'kay. My guardian angel that's my sole weakness except for my brother." I raise my eyebrows and continue, "Also your ego. Pride too." Damon rolls his eyes and answers, "They're technically the same thing." I laugh before pressing my lips to his quickly. "Doesn't make it any better." "Shut up." Damon mutters against my mouth. I smile as he picks me up and drops me on the bed.  When our lips separate, he's dangling my laptop over our heads. 

"Work on your essay so I don't feel bad for distracting you." I laugh and sit up, crossing my legs over one another and stretching out with a few pillows behind my head. Damon lays with his head on my stomach and lets his fingers rest on my forearms, drawing comforting circles over my skin. "Give me an hour and I should be close to done." Damon looks up at me and says, "Promise." I press my lips together and answer, "Not promise but if I'm not done, I'll at least take a break." He nods and I run my hand over his forehead before going back to typing.

---

When I finally finish my essay, it's close to 9:30, and Damon and I have spent most of the time, looking over it and trying not to distract one another. "KJ, I think it's fine. Also, considering your English teacher grades easily, I think this is more than enough." I nod and hit the submit button before shutting my computer. I get off the bed and slide it into my backpack, taking my phone out. I don't have too many messages but of the ones I do have, they're from Jeremy, Elena, and Bonnie.

Bons 

KJ, why aren't you home yet?

Jeremy said he dropped you off at Stefan's.

I'm not kidding you need to come home now.

This isn't funny. And it isn't safe either. 

Damon's not who he says he is. 

Jer

i know you're probably fine but elena wanted to know if you were planning on coming home tonight

also, bonnie's really worried about you and thinks you're gonna get hurt

listen, all i can say about being with damon is just make sure he doesn't turn you into a vampire because then we'd have a lot more to talk about

see you soon. 

hopefully, bonnie doesn't kill you before you get here

Elena

Hey, KJ. I just wanted to know if you were coming here tonight or staying at Stefan and Damon's.

It's up to you but Bonnie's just freaking out a little bit.

Listen, Stefan's not worried about Damon or you so I'm not either but you really should talk to her. 

She's really concerned. 

My eyes read over their messages and I sigh as I type out a generic 'I'm fine. See you soon.' response. "Did you alarm the troops?" I laugh and look over at Damon, crossing his arms, standing by the window. "Yeah. Mostly just Bonnie though. She's really concerned for me." He moves from the other side of the room toward me and hands me my backpack. "I'll take you home."

I take my bag from Damon and tug it over my shoulder, walking to his room door. "Thank you." I mutter as we walk down the front hall. "No problem. It's late anyway and I want an excuse to spend more time with you before you get locked away forever." I roll my eyes as I put my sneakers on and start to tie them. "Aunt Jenna wouldn't lock me away but Bonnie might attach me to her hip." Damon rolls his eyes as he pulls on his jacket and opens the front door. I tap my toe to the ground as I stand up, adjusting my sneaker and I follow him to his car. 

Damon drives quickly on the dark road around the bends. I roll the window down and lean my head against the headrest. "What would we do if we did go to Georgia?" I see Damon glance over at me and he replies, "Visit some witches. Just hang out. I'd probably run around the city." I turn my head alarmingly and he shakes his head. "Not literally. Obviously no feeding." I sigh in relief and Damon chuckles as he pulls in front of the house. 

As he puts the car in park, I glance at the house and see all the lights are on. "I guess I have to head in." Damon leans over and looks up the driveway. "I would head in but I think Bonnie would try to kill me." I laugh and grab my backpack. Damon's hand pulls my chin up so our faces are close together and he asks, "We could always go to Georgia." I press my lips to his quickly before getting out of the car and leaning on the window. "Good night Damon." "It was just a thought!" He yells as I walk away. "It's a good one." I mutter.