Chapter Two

6th Jan 2017

The canteen was empty. It was the last day of their college. Adwetha, Manasvi and Viki were sitting at a corner table, their regular meeting spot. They were involved in a chitchat which neither had a beginning nor an end.
'Did you plan something?' Arnav asked patting Viki as he came and sat beside him.

'Oh man, I totally forgot about it. I am sorry.' Viki answered.

'You always do this. How could you forget about such an important matter?'

'I was busy with something else.'

'And you expect me to believe you?' Arnav asked sarcastically.

The girls did not understand what they were talking about so Manasvi interrupted 'Can anyone please tell me what is happening here?'

'Hey, look I had asked this idiot,' Arnav hit Viki on his head 'to do an important work and now he is saying that he forgot about it.' Arnav answered.

'Now what is this important work you are talking about?' Adwetha asked confused.

'I had asked him to search for a good place to go on a trip.' Arnav replied.

'Trip?' Manasvi and Adwetha asked in chorus.

'Yes guys, we have completed our studies and this need to be celebrated. So I had asked this idiot to search a good...no actually the best place to go on a trip and look now he is saying that he forgot about it.' Arnav said.

'When did your mind start to work Arnav?' Manasvi asked, trying to tease him.

After teasing each other for a long time, they started to think about a place to go on this trip. It was really special for them. They even searched on the internet and after a long argument; they all decided that it would be Lansdowne.

'So, how are we travelling?' Viki asked.

'By road' Arnav replied casually.

'Are you sure? It will take us nearly 2 days to reach Lansdowne by road?' Viki remarked.

'Baby it's the best part of the journey. Let it be long.' Manasvi said, pulling his cheeks.

'Ok then when are we leaving?' Adwetha asked.

'How about tomorrow?' Arnav asked.

'I'm fine with tomorrow .' Viki said.

'Ok then tomorrow we are leaving for Lansdowne.' Manasvi shouted in excitement. After some time, they parted ways. The next day, they were to start their journey all the way from Bengaluru to Lansdowne.
.
.
.
Which place would you choose to go on a trip with your friends?

Vote
Comment
Share