Chapter Six

18th Jan 2017

The last day, they visited another wonderful place - Cloud end. They were mesmerized by the pleasant scenic view of hills with an enjoyable climate. They were in love with the place.

By the time they returned to the resort, the sun was shifting his responsibility to the moon. They all sat on the grass in the garden and as usual, got involved in a conversation about nothing and everything. After dinner, they sat by the swimming pool. They made plans about how their lives would be at work, with new people around and responsibilities to handle.

They had always dreamt of working in the same office and likewise, they had got placed in the same company in a campus interview. Such was the intensity of their dream.

After about half an hour, Adwetha said that she was feeling sleepy. She wished them a good night and left for her room. Arnav, Viki and Manasvi thought she might be tired and continued their conversation. But little did they know that Adwetha was not tired but she left to make preparations to propose to Arnav.

Adwetha had decided that she would propose to Arnav before the trip ended. She was waiting for the right moment but as it was the last day of their trip, she realized that it was her last chance. Before proposing Arnav, Adwetha had said to herself 'Weather Arnav says yes or no, I should take it positively and accept his decision.' But then, she did not know that his rejection would cause her so much pain because she hadn't truly expected a 'no' from him.

Arnav and Adwetha had known each other for 14 years. They had been each other's support since then. Viki and Manasvi joined them in college. Both Adwetha and Arnav had always enjoyed each other's company but the way Arnav cared for her and respected her, made her fall deeply in love with him. Arnav's rejection left her heart shattered.
.
.
.
So what do you think of the chapter? Comment so that I get to know you are out there.

Vote
Comment
Share