New Book!

KSHITHI

I wake up as soon as I hear my alarm go off. Not that I was sleeping or something. I couldn't sleep the whole night yesterday. I had just lain down on the bed and forced my eyes shut. I unpacked yesterday, organized everything and was tired yet, I couldn't sleep. I felt uneasy. This is my first time away from home. I graduated last month and am about to start my first job at Verma Interiors from tomorrow. I am not scared but I'm feeling uncomfortable or maybe... I am scared. Yesterday night I checked and rechecked if I have locked up properly and I even checked if I have closed all the windows. I didn't turn off the lights before sleeping. So if you consider these as symptoms of fear then yes, I am scared.

After speaking to my parents over the phone, I came to my room, set an alarm for today morning and lay down on the bed.

I get up, turn off the lights and walk into the bathroom, eager for a hot shower. I hope at least a shower will help me get rid of this feeling. I feel good until I am under the shower but the moment I step out, the feeling of uneasiness creeps over me.

I put my clothes on and dry my hair. I brush my hair into a ponytail and put on my makeup. I check the time and it's still 7:15. I call my mother. I don't want her to know that I'm feeling uneasy so I try and speak as normally as I can. After I finish talking, I walk into the kitchen and look around. I have the grocery needed to prepare breakfast and also the time to prepare it but I am not in the mood. I usually do not skip my breakfast but today, I don't feel like eating so I stuff a slice of bread in my mouth and get ready to leave. I do a once over in the mirror before locking the door. I walk towards the stairs though there is an elevator in the building just because I don't need to be in the office for another hour and a half.

After reaching the main gate, I think whether I should take a cab or walk to the office. I am checking for cab services on my phone when a motorbike stops right in front of me. Not now I groan inside my head. Boys teasing lonely girls is common. But today, I'm not in the mood for it. I don't want them to make me feel shittier than I already do. I unwillingly look up to see who it is and ... OMG it's Karthik. Instinctively, my lips curl up into a wide smile. He holds out his arms and I run into them. I swear I wasn't expecting him. I had been thinking of calling him since last night but I stopped myself thinking he would be busy. 'I thought you were busy' I said.
.
.
.
Hey guys! So now you might know why I hadn't updated recently.

Please read my new story and support it. The more love you show to it, the earlier I will update next chapter of "With lots and lots of Love". Hope you haven't forgotten about that story completely. LoL

Vote
Share
Comment
(Applicable for both stories 😂)