12| Bailing

MICKEY
I had noticed a change in Mandy. The hours following Fiona finding out about Ian and I, Mandy was distant.

Mandy went outside, leaving Ian, Fiona and I alone in the house. When I looked out the window, I watched as Mandy threw shit around and basically kicked the shit out of every object that was within her reach. Eventually, she sat down on the steps of the back porch, lighting a cigarette.

"Hey, Sergeant Slaughter. You alright?" I asked as I walked outside.

"Fuck off Mickey. Not in the mood." Mandy hissed, her back still facing me.

"The fuck is going on with you Mandy? Is it that time of the month again?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Shut the fuck up, Mick! And no, it's not that time of the month. It has nothing to do with my body." Mandy didn't move.

"Then what is it about? C'mon, Mands. I'm your older brother. If you want to vent, vent to me. We may not like each other, but I'll listen." I sat next to her, watching as she wiped tears from her cheeks.

"You know that I love you, right? And Ian is still my best friend..." Mandy started.

"Yeah? Why? Is something wrong?" I took the cigarette that Mandy had been smoking.

"I can't do this anymore." Mandy sighed.

"Can't do what anymore?" I was confused.

"I'm ending the arrangement. I'm no longer going to be the middle woman for you and Ian." Mandy stood up.

"What? Why?" I stood up, following her.

"Because Mickey, you saw how Fiona reacted to Ian's behaviour. You heard what she said. If Ian really is Bipolar, that means that sometimes he'll do really stupid shit and any one of us could end up hurt." Mandy explained.

"Mandy, if Ian really is Bipolar, than we can figure something out. We can make sure that everyone remains unharmed." I smiled.

"Look, Mickey, as much as I love you and Ian, I can't risk my life again. Kenyatta almost killed me more than once. I can't risk that with Ian." Mandy exhaled, pushing past me to get into the house. She barely acknowledged Fiona and Ian before heading upstairs.

"Mandy, wait!" I ran after her, my heart now racing at the thought of going back to square one in my relationship with Ian.

FIONA
I watched in shock as Mandy walked downstairs, her bag tightly against her back, Mickey following her.

"Mandy! Listen to me! Wait!" Mickey followed her, Mandy almost shutting the door in his face.

"Mickey, stop!" I ran after Mickey, pulling him away from the front door, letting Mandy get out of the house.

"What the fuck, Fiona!" Mickey angrily pushed Fiona's hand off his shoulder.

"Leave her alone, Mickey. If she said it's over, then it's over. No discussions." I shook my head.

"Fuck off, Fiona! You don't know Mandy like I do. Eventually, she'll come to her senses and help me out again." Mickey groaned.

"She clearly had a reason for ending the arrangement, so you just have to suck it up and stop being an asshole." I watched as Mickey tried to calm down.

"Now, can you please do me a favour and arrange an appointment with the clinic for Ian? I've got an hour until I need to be at work, so I'm going to get ready." I shrugged my shoulders, watching as Mickey sighed and walked over to Ian, making sure that Ian had at least had something to eat.

IAN
I could barely keep my eyes open. I had gotten myself some breakfast and hesitantly placed it in my mouth, watching as Mickey sat down next to me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"She left...because of me." I quietly spoke, watching as Mickey sighed.

"Yeah." Mickey nodded as he grabbed his phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked, confused.

"Ian, as much as I don't want to, I need to get you an appointment with a clinic. The sooner we get you diagnosed and get you some meds, the sooner everything will be fine." Mickey smiled.

"I'm not going to a fuckin' clinic, Mick. I'm not sick, I don't need help and I certainly don't need you doing shit for me." I got upset. There was nothing wrong with me.

"Ian, you're not okay. You spend days and even weeks doing crazy shit before you crash onto your bed and spend days either awake or asleep on your bed! You illegally enlisted in the Army for 2 months for fuck's sake!" Mickey almost yelled at me.

I was about to walk upstairs, but before I could even place my foot on the first step, Mickey pushed me against the nearby wall.

"You are going to a Psych ward, clinic or a fucking ER." Mickey stared at me, his hand against my chest, holding me up against the wall. Fiona walked into the room, shocked.

"Jesus Mickey!" Fiona pulled him away as she held my hand.

"Mickey is right, Ian. You need help." Fiona sighed.

"I didn't know how much this meant to both of you. Just let me have a shower, and then we can arrange an appointment." I relaxed, Fiona's hand now on my shoulder as she guided me upstairs.