Consequences

Ellie sprinted through the streets, heading back for the Lair. She and Vern had been rushed out when the alarm had been triggered and while Vern wanted to go back to the event he was previously at, Ellie, not really knowing where else to go, ran for the Lair.

Jumping down the manhole cover that was left open when they'd all left earlier, she continued her running through the sewers. Her cream knee-high boots splashed in the shallow puddles inside the sewers.

Seeing the archway which acted as one of the entrances to the Lair, Ellie ran through it but didn't stop moving until she was in the main area of the Lair.

Huffing, she placed her hands on her knees as she attempted to catch her breath. Remembering she still had her tweed jacket on, she pulled it off and tossed it over one of the yellow handrails that were scattered around the Lair.

Looking up she made eye contact with Splinter, the turtle's father as she remembered April briefly mentioning to her. "Um, hi" She huffed out awkwardly. He nodded back at her. "Tired?" He queried. Picking up that he was indicating at her huffing and puffing, she let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah, running in my heels, definitely not my finest decision" She confessed.

A small chuckle came from the elderly rat as Ellie scanned the Lair for her sister and everyone else. "Am I the first one back?" She asked and Splinter, again, nodded. 

Reports then started coming through from somewhere, Splinter seeming to know where the sounds were coming from walked over to Donnie's desk which had many different computers and monitors set up.

Ellie walked over to the set-up and saw how Splinter seemed concerned with what he was hearing. "What's it saying?" She asked deciding not to beat around the bush. Not looking away from the screens in front of them he simply replied. "They've been spotted"

As Ellie was about to ask Splinter to elaborate on what he'd just said, the four brothers then came through into the main area and their father turned to them.

"It is all over the police scanner, they are hunting you, what happened up there?" Leo answered him first. "Tell him Raph, tell him how you broke rank and got us all exposed. For the most selfish reason" He snatched the purple ooze out of Raph's hand.

"The Foot were gonna get their hands on it" Raph tried to defend himself.

"You didn't know that" Leo argued back.

"Stealing from police headquarters. There's no scenario where you wouldn't get caught" Donnie interrupted the two eldest brothers briefly from their bickering.

Raph then directed his next blow at him. "Maybe if you hadn't lied to your own flesh and blood" Leo again snapped back at Raph. "Oh wait, the way you lied to April? And now she, Casey and Brooke are taking the fall for your mess" He countered Raph's previous statement.

The mention of her sister made Ellie turn to Leo and Raph. "What's he talking about?" She asked, hoping one of them, or anyone would explain. Raph slowly turned to face her. Seeing the look of concern and uncertainty of knowing what was happening to her sister was enough to soften his emotions, slightly.

Leo had seen his hot-headed brother's emotions flip in an instant since they were little kids. But it was usually from one angry feeling to another, rarely did he or anyone else see Raph do a complete one-eighty like this.

"April, Brooke and Casey are in police custody" He stated, deciding to not beat around the bush, even if Raph wanted to in order to spare Ellie's feelings. "What?" She asked worry dripping from her voice.

She turned to the red-clad terrapin. "Raph, what the hell happened?" She queried, looking up at him with her large doe brown eyes.

Raph stuttered over his words as he attempted to think of what he could possibly say to ease the poor girl. "I-I'm sorry' He mumbled before walking off, needing space away from everyone else to cool down properly.