Commissions

A few days had passed since Ellie and Brooke had last seen their new friends. Ellie had spent her weekend helping Carol, Ivy and Harper organise the gallery for the upcoming showcase. However, her free evenings had been used to plan out what she may paint on the Lair wall.

It was still hard for her to believe that she had agreed to paint a mural inside of the turtles' home thanks to Mikey's persistence. And while she was honoured to do it for him and his brothers, who didn't seem all that fussed when she agreed to Mikey's request, she also knew that if she fucked it up they would be stuck with it forever.

But Brooke had encouraged her to push aside her doubts the best she could, so she had been at work during her peaceful evenings, coming up with different ideas. She also viewed the video she had of Casey being thrown to the ground by Splinter, mainly to help her figure out an idea that would fit nicely within the overall aesthetic of the Lair.

She had a vague idea of what she wanted to do, something that obviously featured the turtles, something that wasn't too dark or blindingly bright and, most importantly, something they wouldn't hate having to see daily.

Monday morning seemed to come within the blink of an eye for Ellie, with it being her day off she allowed herself to sleep in, a luxury she wasn't used to. When she did decide to rise from her covers, she read the time on her phone, quarter past ten. She figured Brooke would have already been gone for her first day back as an officer, and she was proven right when she saw her sister's bedroom door left wide open.

Ellie pushed apart the curtains and glanced out the large glass windows in the living room that gave a proper view of the streets below, it was the first time in the mornings that she could usually check the weather.

Immediately sunlight began to shine into the apartment through the large windows, Ellie could feel the heat through her thin pyjamas and turned back to her room to change. She came back out in a white floral print dress and her hair twisted into a braided bun, a few loose strands picturesquely framed her face.

Flopping onto the couch she began flipping through some of the designs she had come up with in her sketchpad, she decided to try and combine different elements of each sketch. Pencil brushing the paper lightly, she erased anything she felt didn't fit or just plainly didn't like.

Following a half hour of sketching, she came up with something she actually liked. It had each of the turtles, in all their green glory, with half of their faces showing, the right side to be exact. She had tried her best to include every scar, spot and any other detail they had on their face or body, relying heavily on her memory considering she didn't have any pictures of the four brothers to see if she had in fact nailed every last aspect.

Grabbing a canvas tote she carefully threw in several of her paints, brushes and a few palettes inside, along with her sketchbook and pencil. She had a range of many shades of different colours in her bag, although she wasn't sure if they were all needed. Tossing her earphones in as well, she began her walk out of the apartment and down to the Lair.

Needing to make one stop before she headed for the Lair, she walked inside the Starbucks that was just down the street for her Iced Latte.

Sipping away at the cold drink she continued her walk to the Lair, having managed to remember the route from the last time she had walked it. She sauntered down the lonely alleyway and lifted the manhole cover up and popped down into sewers. Careful not to step into the puddles of sewage water, the sound of her sneakers squeaking echoed quietly through the tunnel.

As she approached the entrance she could hear Mikey loudly saying something to whoever else was there with him, stopping just before the entrance to collect herself, Ellie took a few breaths before walking in.