The help

i don't have anything to do today since mister Jeon said he is quite busy,but to my surprise,texted me to meet in a small coffee shop near my house saying he has an urgent matter to discuss.
i felt worried honestly so i got ready in the speed of light and walked fast towards the place,gladly it wasn't crowded,si finding him was easy.
i walked to his table while he was talking in the phone with someone,he is looking tired ,i can easily see the dark circles.
"Are you alright sir?you really got me worried"
he just nodded and said
"by all means i need your help Ruby, it's a matter of life to me,i m sorry it has to be you,but i m afraid i have no choice "
i felt my heart beat fast listening to him
"i m ready to help you with anything sir,you believed in me and helped me,so i guess it's only fair"
he looked at me held my hand in his
"don't ever be like this with everyone Ruby, it's good to be a kind person,but that will lead you to be used and you will be hurt, anyways when you called to ask about me this morning my mom thought you are my girlfriend and became happy,and because her condition is getting worse,i wouldn't allow my self to break her heart"
i fell all the blood started to drain from my face,he can't be serious,is he mad?
i swear i opened my mouth two times to say something but i found none,so he continues
" i know it's sounding crazy,but she is so ill,and dying to see me happy with a woman,but i don't have the time for relationships now and.. it's not like easy"
a desire to laugh at his words went through my mind for a second.Does he think it's easy to lie like that?
****
Jungkook pov
when i was telling her the situation,i saw her face changing from normal to red to yellow in seconds,i don't blame her for it,that sounds crazy but I have no choice but this.
i waited for her to swallow up everything for a couple of minutes,i know she is debating with herself.
suddenly she looked up with a small smile
"ok sir, since it's the only way to solve it,and the only way for me to show appreciation,i will help you until your mom's condition stabilizes ,then i will expect you to end it,i know you will find a reasonable thing to say"
i nodded happily
"yes Ruby,that will be the plan,i m glad you are willing to help me ,thank you,she will be willing to see you at some point so keep that in mind,i will send you a message about "our story",so we would say the same thing "
i was walking her home when she stopped in the middle of the road
"i have one question sir"
i nodded encouraging her to continue
"you seriously don't have time for a lover or the person you love isn't ready for this step?"
i felt my blood went cold,i can't tell the truth so i answered not looking at her eyes
"yes i don't have time for it"
she sighed adding
"well i hope you don't feel offended about what i asked sir,i just don't want to come in between a couple or ruin a relationship,i ll help you as long as you are honest with me sir, it's my only request "
we kept on walking until she reached her home wishing me a good day..
i watched her disappearing inside the house
"it's too late Ruby,i already lied"