One lie or two?

I woke up to stare at the white wall facing me,i found myself remembering the dinner of yesterday

Flashback
i entered with my parents to find Jungkook standing at the door expecting us,my father walked first saying the greetings before walking directly to the chair where mrs jeon was sitting,the poor lady was looking too pale and sick.
he handed her the flowers, white ones,she looked at them and smiled
"Welcome in my home again,thank you for the flowers mr Lee.
please be seated"
my father smiled and looked at me
"well it was Ruby's choice,she choose them for you personally "
we all took a seat around her,in fact i just said a hello to Jungkook with a bow and the same to his mother who looked at me suddenly
"Ruby my dear savior,thank you for the donation,and the nice choice of the flowers"
i just smiled bowing
"it's my pleasure mrs jeon, although the choice of flowers wasn't something i can do,but let's say someone 's skills were helpful, eventually these are an expression of the wish of good health isn't Jungkook?"
he looked at me with a worried look,i know that look on his face like none else,he will has it once puzzled.
he cleared his throat and nod his head.
After the dinner was served and everyone seated,i was sitting near Jungkook and my parents were facing us,while his mother was at the head of it.
They were all chit chatting while i tried to focus only on my food.
Until mrs jeon said something i wished that she didn't
"well mrs and mr Lee i feel like we are a family don't you think?"
Both my parents looked flattered by her kind words ,only my father didn't get where she was heading with her words,until she decided to speak again
"You know,i don't know how long do i have to live before the heavens call my name,at least i would be in peace that my son has you"
Everyone looked at her with a sad look and a shocked one, Jungkook held her hand before kissing it
"please mother don't speak like that,you know i can't live without you,plus i m a grown man you don't need to worry about a thing".
Until she decided it was the time to blow a bomb in my face
"Mr Lee, actually i have a request,my son here likes your daughter,and i tend to believe she does too,but i would like to make things right,if you don't mind,allow them to court until they believe they match"
My father's eyes never leaving my terrified ones
"Did they date behind my back or something?"
But my mother answered this time
"Of course not honey,me and mrs jeon noticed the way these young kids looking at each other and we knew they like each other,but shy to admit it"

Although my father didn't seem much convinced he decided to nod, and to finish the lie mrs jeon spoke
"Of course my son won't do anything to harm the reputation of your daughter mister Lee"
There was something in me screaming for them to stop talking, especially after seeing the way Jungkook reacted,i wouldn't lie and tell he was terrified like the first time his mom said that,but he was sitting silently with closed eyes and rigid expression.
Right then i didn't know should i be worried about the first lie i got myself into by my will or the second one directed my my own mother and his.
My father looked at Jungkook and asked him
"Do you think it's going to work between you and my daughter?"
and because he is a smart asshole he answered simply
"Mister lee,i respect your daughter more anyone, especially that she is my student first,i like lots of things about her, allow me to meet her a couple of times in an attempt to know each other more,if we felt that we might click,then i ll come to you by my self"
If i didn't control my self i would've clapped for his answer.
My parents are too kind to see it,but indirectly he denied any relationship and talked about a small chance of success.
Somehow i knew that i m in love with a man that i can't compete against his crafty nature,and deep down i knew that he is not telling me the whole truth"
End of flashback

They say ropes of lies are so short,and i know that the lie we made it's going to be revealed soon,so i decided to inspect the truth completely and know what he is hiding before i decide anything