Chapter 12

Forgiveness (Chapter 12)

A Few Hours Later...

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Francine asked Lady Daphne. Lady Daphne nodded. "As an apology for failing your plan earlier," Lady Daphne said. Treyvon sighed. "Ya know, ya don't 'ave to go through with it if ya don't wanna." Everyone looked at Treyvon, surprised. Treyvon shrugged. "Just sayin'." "Well, thank you, Treyvon, darling, for your concern. But I think I'll be quite alright. Besides, if I don't make it out alive...I deserve it." Francine pulled her in a hug. "No you don't. No one deserves to die," Francine said, trying to console her. Lady Daphne patted her off. "You are all awfully kind, but you have to admit that I failed your plan. This is my way of asking for forgiveness," Lady Daphne explained. "Alright, Lady Daphne, the coast is clear. It's safe to enter," I said. Lady Daphne looked nervous. "Thank you for reminding me, Arthur," Lady Daphne said. She gulped. Then Lady Daphne nudged us all aside and began to walk. "One more thing," I said, stopping her. Lady Daphne stopped and looked back at me. I met her eyes. "Don't die. We're all counting on you, and we'd hate for you to die," I said. Lady Daphne smiled. "Thank you, Arthur Dicksen," Lady Daphne thanked. Lady Daphne stepped into the room.

Lady Daphne Parks' POV...

Why am I doing this? What am I doing? Why did I decide this was a good idea? As a lady of the Park family, I have been taught to act like one. I have been taught to speak in a posh tone. Wear a fancy dress even though it's 100 degrees outside. And take pride in being a lady. I've always found being a lady sexist. But who was I to judge? I am not the first Lady Parks. I have come from a line of Lady Parks. I am not sure if the first Lady Parks is thinking the same as me. All I said was my opinion on being a lady. Anyways, you're probably wondering, what are you thinking, Lady Daphne? Well, after I basically killed any chance of Francine, Arthur, and Treyvon entering the mastermind's room, I decided to make up for it by sneaking in myself. I know what you're thinking. Lady Daphne, you're a lady, you can't possibly possess the ability to sneak into a room that is heavily guarded by armed guards by yourself, do you? Well, people, I must say, you are...right. I don't. I don't have any skills to sneak into a room, let alone a room guarded with guards. Stealth is something I can never acquire or obtain. Every time I try, I will always fail. I don't know why, but I am just so obvious and eye-catching that people spot me right away. I always assume it's because I always wear brightly colored clothes (it's part of the lady-training I do). But I am willing to try. As I've said to my friends as I left, if I die, I deserve it. I want to get out of here from the moment I witness the first death. I wanted to wake up in my Baldacchino supreme bed and think "Wow! What a peculiar dream!" Unfortunately for me, it's reality. Suddenly I realized that I had made it to the door. I inhaled and exhaled. It's too late to go back now. You have to go forward. You have to. I was just standing there. Just go in there. Go in. Enter. For me. For your friends. I took a deep breath and stepped in. As I was walking through the hallway, my mind was screaming. My body wanted to turn back and run towards the exit. But I refused to go back. Therefore, I had to ignore the pleads and screams my body and mind were throwing at me. I suddenly heard footsteps coming from the entrance. I held in a scream. Guards. I heard the door slam. SLAM! The guards must've returned. I have no way out now. I guess that means I have to move forward. Terrific. There was an eerie silence that followed me as I was advancing. Then I saw the same exact chair I was seated in. The mastermind must've sedated me, and seated me in that chair, dressed in a replica of his outfit. When I looked up from the chair, I saw something that knocked my socks off. What in the world?! It was a screen TV that was connected to a laptop. But there were documents and files contained inside of the laptop. One file was labeled KILL LIST.