Chapter 25

Kristoff (Chapter 25)

Francine's POV...

Arthur thought of an ingenious plan. His plan is to interrogate everyone (all the survivors except for me, Treyvon, and Arthur) to see who acts suspicious the most. Treyvon is interrogating Mary. Arthur is interrogating Isaac and I am interrogating Kristoff. Kristoff is just like me, his friend died and he knew he couldn't do anything about it. I know how he feels. It's the same feeling I had when Arthur told me about Lady Daphne's passing. I knew her death was inevitable and I knew that I couldn't prevent it from happening. I couldn't even sacrifice myself for her. The mastermind knows that I'd do that and he knows that I know that he'll do anything to make me suffer. Because I know who he is. Well, at least I have a suspicion on who he is. If he is that person, then we are in big trouble. And I am more than certain that the mastermind is the person I'm suspecting. I suddenly bumped into someone. "Sorry, ma'am," the person said. I looked up and saw Kristoff. "Francine, hi," he greeted me. I stood up. "Kristoff! I was looking for you everywhere! I wanted to ask you whether or not you were missing a phone?" I asked. Kristoff looked at me with a confused look. "What do you mean? Don't you remember that the mastermind ordered the guards to confiscate everyone's phone?" Kristoff asked. He's right, but he could also be lying. "Yes, I remembered that. They confiscated my phone too. But I found a phone on the floor and I was wondering whether or not it happens to be yours?" I asked. I showed him the phone. Kristoff examined it and chuckled. "It seems that you have mistaken the phone. That's not my phone, but I think I know who owns that phone," Kristoff said. I smiled. He's actually trying to be helpful. "Whose is it?" I asked. "I think I saw Arthur carrying that phone when I walked in," Kristoff replied. My heart stopped. Arthur? The guy who accused me of owning this phone is the owner of the phone?! That's not logical! That...doesn't sound like Arthur. I know he's not working for the mastermind. Once he knows who the mastermind is, he'll never work for him. I know him too well. "I don't think Arthur is the type of person to own this type of phone. I think you're the one who is mistaken," I said. "Really? And how would an old lady know that? Don't you have poor eyesight or something?" Kristoff asked. Why is he acting so rude now? "Kristoff, is there something you're hiding?" I asked. Kristoff smiled. "Of course not, why would I?" he asked. Kristoff started walking away. "Wait. I want to talk," I said. Kristoff didn't look back, he just continued walking. I guess I'll have to follow him. He's acting suspicious. But I can't assume anyone just yet. I need to follow him.