Chapter 18

Rescue (Chapter 18)

Arthur Williams Dicksen's POV...

How do I rescue a lady who is kidnapped by the mastermind? That sounds more like a book title than actual reality. I have to focus on the question. How do I rescue Lady Daphne? I looked outside the corridor and saw guards still guarding the room. At least the guards won't shoot me. They just try to make me unconscious. I have to somehow get past that. I slowly walked towards the guards. They didn't see me. I thought I was going to get inside easily, but a guard suddenly tackled me to the ground and tried to hit my neck to knock me out. I grabbed him by the wrist and twisted it, but he didn't even cry out in pain. He just kept on trying to reach my neck. Can they not feel pain?! I twisted his wrist and he didn't even flinch! How strong are these guards?! I tried to escape his grasp, but he had a firm grip with his other arm. I guess I'll have to neutralize him, then. I grabbed a sprayer out of my pocket and sprayed it at the guard's face. SPRAY! SPRAY! SPRAY! It was the same liquid a guard used on me that put me instantly to sleep when I smelt it. I extracted the liquid out of my body and put it in a sprayer. But not after I made sure that the liquid was 100% sleep liquid first. I tested it on myself and it still put me to sleep. However, the sleeping liquid did little to the guard. Do you know why? It's because he didn't even BREATHE it in! He must've known I'd do something like this. The guards were about to knock me out again, but someone suddenly crashed into them. CRASH! The person was tall and muscular. I thought it was the mastermind at first, but it turned out to be Treyvon. "Treyvon?" I asked. Treyvon had a lot of bandages wrapped around his left leg and he was struggling to stand up. "Erthur, go! I'll handle the guards!" Treyvon said. "But what if you get shot again?" I asked. "Do ya trust me? I know I don't do any karate or some'ing, but I am still strong! Don't look back, just go to dat door!" Treyvon said. "But-" "GO!" He didn't have to tell me twice. I made a beeline for the door. Once there, I found out it was locked. Luckily, I was prepared for this. I quickly picked the lock of the door. I was itching to look back and see whether or not Treyvon needed my help, but I knew I had to stay focused on the lock. Stay focused, Dicksen. This is your one and only chance to rescue Lady Daphne and you have to do it now. You can't lose this chance! Thankfully, I was aware of this and I picked the lock in less than 3 seconds. That was the quickest time I've ever picked a lock before. But I don't have time to celebrate my achievement. I have a person I need to rescue and I need to rescue them now. I opened the door and proceeded.