Chapter 30

Realization (Chapter 30)

A Few Hours Later...

"It's gotta be here somewhere here," I said. Me and Treyvon had been rummaging around in Isaac's room. The first time I met Isaac, there was something about him that made me know that he's one of those people who would be overly prepared. "How do ya know dat 'e even has a crowbar with him?" Treyvon asked. "Well, when we were spying on Francine, I overheard him asking Francine what food she would normally get and under what temperature and other small details. I don't know, there's just something about him that screams over-prepared to me," I shrugged. "So yere sayin' dat ya aren't sure whether or not 'e actually has a crowbar, but ya think 'e has by his looks?" Treyvon asked. I nodded. "Yeah, pretty much." I suddenly realized what Treyvon was saying. He's trying to tell me that I can't just judge people by their own appearance. Treyvon is literally what other people consider as a textbook thug. He's black and he's muscular, but one thing that he doesn't have is personality. He isn't a thug because he's way too nice to be one. "I see what you're trying to say. I know I should listen to you, but I learn to listen to my instincts as well," I said. "Well, then what does yer instincts tell ya?" he asked. "I...I'm not sure, but I'll figure it out." I searched everywhere, but I soon noticed that there was one place I didn't search. Under the bed. I looked underneath the bed and saw that there was a black messenger bag underneath. I grabbed it and saw that there were a ton of things inside. A microwave. A cooking set. A spatula. A crowbar. I grabbed the crowbar. "Just what we need," I said as I took it. When I looked at Treyvon, his face was so pale that I almost didn't recognize him. "Treyvon? What happened?" I asked. Treyvon looked at me. "Where's Francnine?" he asked. My blood ran cold as I remembered why Francine wasn't with us. I sent her away to investigate with Isaac, Mary and Kristoff. I was so blinded by rage that I just sent her away on her own like that. Francine, the person whom I cared about the most. I tried so hard to make sure that she'll come out alive and yet I've just sent her away. With Mary, Isaac and...Kristoff. Kristoff, the person who has been reported for acting strange ever since Francine showed him the...Nokia phone. A chill went down my spine. "Oh my gosh! Francine! Francine's in grave danger! We have to save her!" I exclaimed.