Chapter 4: Lost in thoughts

Mafuyu and I bumped into each other while walking in the hallways, everyone helps her, no one but Mafuyu helps me up, that's the only thing that made me happy. We then walk together somewhere, no destination, no goal. What a strange dream I just had, it was pretty, the meaning of it was something though, I better get ready for school before I get late.

As I run to my classroom, I bump into someone, Mafuyu?? What would she be doing near my classroom? "Mafuyu?" I said while everyone help her up, she then helps me up, and drags me to somewhere private. "Kanade, I wanted to tell you that there's a math quiz.." Didn't we just have a math quiz yesterday tho?? I wanted to ask that question but Mafuyu wanted to help me during lunch for it, well because math is after my lunch. She's such a good friend for telling.

During lunch, We studied, well actually Mafuyu tutored me since she had already understood the lesson. I was slowly getting lost in thought because of something, I, myself, wasn't sure what it was, it was probably the math quiz, I mean what kind of school makes a quiz the day after learning the lesson??

"Kanade??" Oh, I didn't realize that Mafuyu was talking, "Yes?" "Do you get it or do you want me to repeat?" "Can you repeat?" "Of course" Sometimes I think I'm more focused when Mafuyu is teaching me, maybe because she's my friend, I dunno to be honest. Oh well, I should focus so I can ace the test.

I definitely failed that math test, there were stuff that were literally not in what Mafuyu taught, oh wait, I should wait for Mafuyu, I forgot we were going back to that restaurant, was so lost in thought that I forgot we were going to hang out for a bit. I ran to the front of Mafuyu's classroom, thank god she was still there.

"Mafuyu-" "Kanade, let's get going" I heard some commotion coming from her classroom, I can totally see why Mafuyu wanted to go, it was too noisy and loud. We go out of the school to the restaurant, we enter and sat down "Mafuyu, I think I failed the math test..." silence til the waiter came "Hello welcome to __ , What would you like to order?" I ordered some noodles and Mafuyu ordered water which is weird cause we already had water on the table, while waiting Mafuyu replied of what I thought "It's okay if you failed, I'm just worried if you'll pass or not, that's all"

Oh, is what Mafuyu said a good thing or what? I'm confused like really confused, I'm unsure if that was a good thing or not, I just sat there thinking, Mafuyu looked at me weirdly, wondering why I wasn't eating my noodles yet. I remove all of my thoughts and start eating my noodles, it was yummy. Mafuyu smiled. I wasn't sure if it was a genuine smile, but it was a cute smile.

After we ate, we of course paid, it was delicious as ever. As we walked to Mafuyu's house, Mafuyu asked me something, "Kanade, do you wanna sleep over at my house? I mean its Friday today" I wanted to say sure, but I'd have to ask my dad. Wait, didn't have Mafuyu have classes during weekends. "Mafuyu... Don't you have classes this weekend though?" "This weekend? No, I asked for a free weekend this weekend" Ah, that's why Mafuyu asked. "I'd have to ask my dad first, also do you have any spare clothes that could fit me?" Mafuyu probably didn't think of that since she just stood there with a blank expression.

I decide to go in Mafuyu's house while waiting for my dad's reply, it'll take a while but I can wait, if there's no reply, I'll stay here cause there is no way I'm walking far. He said no, I asked if he could at least pick me up good thing he said yes, "Mafuyu, my dad said no, can my dad have the address of your house so he can pick me up?" Mafuyu blankly stared into space "Sure, the address is ____"

I texted my dad the address, he comes in a car, I go out of Mafuyu's house and wave a goodbye, and she waves a bye back. As soon as I enter the car my dad askes "That's your friend?" "Yep, we met a month ago" "She seems like a nice girl" I smiled for no reason, hearing my dad say that just made me smile I guess. He drove me back home, as I listen to music thinking about how I did on the quiz.

I finally arrived home and check my nightcord. I got a message from Ena.

Enanan Today at 6:08 PM
K, do you want to hang out with me and Mafuyu tomorrow?
K Today at 7:10 PM
sure
Enanan Today at 7:11 PM
Okay, meet us near the park tomorrow 😊

I close my phone, unsure on what to do, I'll just sleep and I peacefully go to sleep, dreaming again.

Timeline weird but chapter 3 was a month later and this chapter was a fews after last chapter, in chapter 3  Kanade forgot to ask the next day so ya and the next chapter is them hanging out then after that is the next month