Chapter 13: Could I have liked something for once?

Ever since I met Kanade, I took a liking to her, she just felt like someone that I could trust just by first sight. Her songs give me a warm feeling, could it be the songs or Kanade? I wondered that question everytime I got a warm feeling, the question were never answered.

I finally arrive to school and decided to go to Kanade's classroom before going to mine, she wasn't there yet so I went to my classroom to drop off my bag at my desk and studied, I'm worried for Kanade, what if she'll be late again? I'm worried for Kanade? Why would I be worried?

I kept get distracted in studying by thoughts of Kanade "Mafuyu?" Kanade's voice rang in my head. Her voice was warm and soft, I liked it.

I always managed to have shown my true feelings to Kanade, which I thought I would have never had done but without Kanade, it would have never happened. I'm lucky to meet her, I probably would have never met her without Ena breaking up with me. I'm getting distracted, I should focus.

I studied for a bit and decided to go to Kanade's classroom if she was even there I would go in and say hi, we would talk. Kind of sad that we couldn't hang out during christmas, I was busy doing a important family gathering.

I went Kanade's classroom and there she was. "Hi Kanade, how are you?" "Good but tired" "How's your dad?" "He's doing fine apparently from the doctor's words" "I'm glad that he's doing fine" The bell rings at the worst times , luck isn't with me today "That's the bell. Well see you later lunch?" "Mhm.." I walk back to my classroom and classes start.

Lunch finally came, I went to Kanade's classroom and on my way there, I bumped into her "Oh Mafuyu" "Hi Kanade, let's go up together?" "Okay" We went up the stairs to the rooftop. It feels like it's been a year since we were last here to me. "It feels like it's been a year since we've been here, right Mafuyu?" How did she know what I was thinking? "Yes.. It does" 

Kanade and I sit on the rooftop's chairs, we start eating and chatting about what we did during the christmas. We hanged a lot before but this time just felt different to me, though my whole I felt nothing, around Kanade I've felt a warm feeling in my chest maybe it was the feeling of liking something, I'm not sure and will never be sure.

Lunch felt short I couldn't believe when I heard it rang "That's the bell..? It feels like it's only been 5 minutes though" "I know right" It seems like me and Kanade are sharing the same thoughts today, I'm glad that we are, it's like we're reading each others' thoughts "See you after school?" "Of course" Back to class I go.

During class, It's not all the time I think of Kanade, I just focus in class but sometimes I do but they often get removed after a few minutes, it's all fine it's not like it bothers me. Unexpectedly the teacher called "Asahina, what's the answer to this question" "It's __" "Explain how you got that" Why did the teacher even tell me to explain, I explained how I got the answer "Good job Asahina" Finally  he left me alone.

After school, I went to Kanade's classroom. She was still having classes surely she'll be out in a few minutes. After maybe 30 minutes, Kanade comes out "Mafuyu?! What are you doing on the floor?!" "I was waiting for you but this school doesn't give seats" Kanade giggled a bit before lending a hand down to me "Let's go?" I nodded and grabbed Kanade's hand, she pulled me up and we left the school.

We held hands when we left school, there's a chance we got stares but I honestly didn't care. "Wanna hang out? It's been a while since we had hanged out" I wanted to hang out but I couldn't, my mom said I had to be home as soon as school ends "Sorry Kanade, my mom told me to be home as soon as school ends, hope you don't mind" "I don't mind, see you tomorrow?" "Yep, see you tomorrow" Kanade and I separate, my heart was beating fast for no reason. Maybe I truly liked something for once I will never know. But Kanade might be the reason for me to continue my life.

I've been doing slow uploads, sorry for that. Next chapter is next day bye the way