Chapter 17 Ning Xiaowen

return

Rebirth After the Earthquake

简体

set up

turn off the lights

Big

middle

Small

Chapter 17 Ning Xiaowen

    This morning, when the sky was slightly bright, Ning Qiyan carried a bucket in one hand and a ladle in the other to water the vegetable fields in the house.

    It's only mid-June now, and the hottest time at noon is already thirty-five degrees, and many people in the resettlement site have already suffered from heat stroke. So everyone began to avoid the hottest time of the day, and even changed the time to receive relief food every day at five o'clock in the morning.

    The temperature rose too fast, and the vegetable field in the house was extremely short of water. Ning Qiyan had to replenish water for the vegetable field while Du Cheng went downstairs to pick up his things. After all, it was planted with hard work, and Ning Qiyan couldn't bear to kill him like this. Fortunately, there is plenty of well water in the space, so they don't have to go downstairs to carry water like other people.

    The community where they lived was not seriously affected by the disaster, and many residents moved back from the resettlement site. Therefore, the government set up a water station at the gate of the community, and water tankers came to deliver water every morning and evening.

    City D has no shortage of water. Even if the various places face drought in the future, the Qingyan River that flows through several large reservoirs in the city will never stop flowing.

    Therefore, whether it is drinking water or water, it has always been free and unlimited.

    Nowadays, almost all the people under the government’s jurisdiction in Northeast China open land to grow vegetables under the call of the government. Every family who can go home spreads soil in their homes and corridors, and uses the vegetables they get to plant large or small crops. Small vegetable plots of various shapes. Even the resettlement sites in the University City are planted in every corner.

    After finally pouring water on the last spot, Ning Qiyan straightened up and wiped the sweat from his forehead.

    A little puzzled, Du Cheng never took so long to go downstairs to get things, and a little worried, Ning Qiyan was thinking of looking downstairs from the window when he heard the sound of the door opening.

    "Why did you come back?" Ning Qiyan saw Du Cheng and walked over.

    Du Cheng didn't speak, but turned sideways.

    Ning Qiyan was surprised, and looked at the place Du Cheng let out.

    Eyes wide open for a moment, mouth slightly opened, Ning Qiyan looked at the equally astonished person behind Du Cheng in astonishment.

    Regardless of the wet hands, he couldn't help touching his face.

    If it wasn't for his rationality, Ning Qiyan would have thought that the person opposite him had traveled through time more than ten years later.

    No wonder he reacted too much, except that the man Du Cheng brought up was slightly shorter than Ning Qiyan and had more signs of aging on his face, no matter in face shape or facial features, he was very similar to Ning Qiyan.