Chapter 62

return

Rebirth After the Earthquake

Simplified

set up

turn off the lights

Big

middle

Small

Chapter 62

    Time passed day by day, and the ducklings hatched one by one. With the experience of hatching chickens, on the expected day, Ning Xiaowen went to the nesting place every half hour to take a look, for fear of being like that. The two chicks who hadn't lived more than three days froze as soon as they were born. I don't know if it's because the duck eggs have been stored for too long or for other reasons, but the birth rate of ducklings is much lower than that of chicks. The six female ducks hatched a total of forty-six ducklings. However, compared to Ning Qiyan's disappointment, Ning Xiaowen is also very happy. After all, ordinary domestic ducks rarely hatch eggs. I am very satisfied.

    If you can hatch once, you can hatch a second time. As long as the ducks at home can hatch eggs.

    After the ducklings were born, the house became more lively. After the first period of time passed, the chickens and ducklings did not need too high a temperature, so Ning Xiaowen moved the box off the kang and put it on the ground, and every day when there was nothing to do, he would take the chickens and ducklings out and put them on the ground Let them walk around the house.

    The consequence is walking around the house every day, Ning Qiyan and the others have to be extra careful, lest one of them accidentally kick the piglet or step on the chickens and ducklings if they don't pay attention.

    As for Du Dabao and the three of them, I can only feel embarrassed, let's make do with it in the living room. Although they won't open their mouths to nibble on chicks and ducklings, they might die if they poke their paws back and forth.

    And when the three ewes gave birth to lambs, it was already past the fifteenth day of the first month of the lunar calendar, and it was already mid-February, and the temperature gradually began to warm up. During the day, the temperature outside the cave rose to around minus 20 degrees. The temperature also returned to above zero, and the second snowstorm arrived as scheduled according to the time Ning Qiyan remembered.     The wind of this snow was not as strong as the previous one that wished to blow people into the sky, but it lasted twice as long. After eight days of heavy snow, the patrol team said that the citizens who thought that winter had passed began to feel a little bit nervous again. Panic, I am afraid that this winter will take a long time to pass.     With the low temperature for nearly three months, there are not many households left with the coal they replaced before, and most of them still rely on the firewood they cut themselves in autumn for heating.

    Compared to other people's worries, Ning Qiyan was not in a hurry. Worry and fear are only temporary. When the snow stops, the temperature will rise rapidly. Within a week, the lowest temperature in the mountains will rise to around minus ten degrees, and the panic will naturally disappear by then.

    And things were exactly as Ning Qiyan thought, once the blizzard stopped, the government had already started to study whether to increase the distribution of coal, but the temperature rose at a speed of about 3-5 degrees a day for two consecutive days. The expected distribution was postponed until the beginning of March, when the minimum temperature rose to minus 17 degrees, and the highest temperature at noon had already exceeded zero. The government no longer had to worry about whether to distribute coal.