Chapter 63 Du Dabao's Secret

return

Rebirth After the Earthquake

Simplified

set up

turn off the lights

Big

middle

Small

Chapter 63 Du Dabao's Secret

    Ning Qiyan touched the abdomen of the duckling in his hand, because the fluff had not receded, unlike the feathers of adult ducks that can avoid water, the soft fluff on the abdomen was wet.

    "The things I saw were also wet." Ning Xiaowen put down the duck in his hand and stood up frowning.

    Du Cheng and Hu Zi also squatted in the yard watching the ducklings running around on the ground.

    Things have to start three days ago.

    Because the chicks and ducklings had to be driven back to their nests every night, Ning Xiaowen, who was always the first to wake up in the morning, was responsible for opening the nest door and letting them out.

    Early that morning, when Ning Xiaowen opened the duck nest, he found that Du Dabao and Ning Xiaobao and Ning Xiaobei also got into the duck nest at some point. Du Dabao was licking a duckling when he opened the door.

    Ning Xiaowen watched Du Dabao amusedly and changed one after another, shaking his head. He thought Du Dabao was full of fatherly love because he watched the chickens and ducklings being born and raised. He also thought that when Ning Qiyan and the others got up, he had to tell everyone about this so that they could have fun together.

    But after looking at it for a while, Ning Xiaowen saw something was wrong.

    Why do these little ducks seem to be carrying water, and when their wet fluff rubs against the hay, a lot of grass clippings are stuck to them, but after being licked by Du Dabao, they are still dry.

    Could it be that these ducks came out of their nests at night and got water?

    Because the duck is still young, it hasn't been long since it was moved out of the house. If it gets wet, it may freeze.

    Ning Xiaowen went to the bathroom to check it again, and confirmed that there was no water leakage, and the well was also very clean, with no spilled water marks.

    There was almost no water in the other places in the yard. Although he couldn't figure it out, Ning Xiaowen didn't care too much. When he and Ning Qiyan closed the nest door at night, they closed it carefully to make sure that the duckling wouldn't come out again in the middle of the night.

    But for two days in a row, when Ning Xiaowen opened the door, he saw Du Dabao licking the duckling, which was still stained with water. Ning Xiaowen felt a little baffled.

    The doors of the bathrooms are all closed, and the wells are covered. There is no water in the yard for ducks to rub against.

    Ning Xiaowen mentioned this during breakfast, but Ning Qiyan didn't think it was because of getting out of the nest. If the ducklings managed to escape from their nests in the middle of the night, how could they go back obediently. The problem should be in the nest. But the nest is so big, you can see the head at a glance, where does the water come from?

    Unable to find the reason, everyone woke up with Ning Xiaowen early this morning, unexpectedly the ducklings were wet again.

    Ning Qiyan went straight into the nest, and carefully checked every corner of the nest, making sure that there were no gaps for the ducklings to get out. As for Dabao and the three of them, the door of the nest is not high, and there is a large gap from the top of the nest, enough for them to jump in.