22. Kyubok Seonsaengnim

Sunhee soon came out of the cottage bringing plates and flatware from the kitchen, followed by Baek-Hyeon who was carrying a portable stove. Dae Eun and Taehyung stood up to help them bring the food, and soon they were all enjoying an outdoor breakfast of hot soup, meat and sausages, an assortment of vegetable banchan, egg rolls, omu rice, and fresh fruits. Nana joined them on the long table too. Taehyung and Do-Hyun apologized again.

"It's alright. It's probably providential, so that you can both enjoy the mountain air longer and have a bit of a break." From the looks of them last night, Nana felt that they needed it. She placed more meat on their rice bowls and hovered over them until she was satisfied that they were eating well.

"Oppa, everyone was so amazed at you at the gathering." Sunhee couldn't help but share all the things she'd heard people say at the celebration last night.

"Shh... your elders are eating," Baek-Hyeon scolded her and she glared at him. He was only two years older than Sunhee.

"I could live here forever," Do-Hyun blurted out in between sips of the hot soup that was miraculously curing his hangover. He wondered if he should just move his family to Geumsan. He knew his wife would love it.

Taehyung smiled sheepishly at Dae Eun. They were enjoying their time here so much, as though they were coming home to their own family.

When they finished eating, Nana brought out two big containers wrapped in cloth. "Dae Eun, can you bring this to Kyubok Seonsaengnim? He didn't join us last night."

"Okay, Nana."

"Here, let me help." Taehyung took the containers from Nana and Dae Eun led the way to a path going into the woods.

" Taehyung took the containers from Nana and Dae Eun led the way to a path going into the woods

"We're going to your doctor?" Taehyung asked.

"Yes, he's a actually a national treasure. He practices natural medicine and his family has been with us for many generations. I think they came with the land. He takes care of us and he lives off of our produce. He rarely leaves his house or the farm, and so many people are searching for him."

"Why?"

"They say he has miraculous powers of healing. But he loves his privacy and believes that if someone is meant to find him, they will and he will try his best to heal them."

They soon arrived at the seonsaengnim's home and Dae Eun walked into the open door, calling out his name. From inside the simple house he called her to come in.

"Harabeoji, you didn't come to my party." Dae Eun pretended to be offended.

"Dae Eun-ah, it was too dark. I might slip and fall off the mountain. But I could hear the celebration from here. The fireworks and lanterns were amazing." He then noticed Taehyung who bowed to him immediately.