48. Paris

Taehyung and his manager Se-Jun arrived at Charles de Gaulle in the early morning of August 31. The French ARMY already knew he had left for Seoul and was due to arrive in Paris before their September 2 concert, and there were many fans waiting at the airport when they disembarked from the plane. They had a difficult time getting through, even with the security provided by JKL and the airport administration. Taehyung felt so vulnerable when they kept crowding and clicking away at him.

By the time they got to the hotel room, he was so exhausted he could only manage to take off his coat and shoes and lie down in bed

By the time they got to the hotel room, he was so exhausted he could only manage to take off his coat and shoes and lie down in bed. Se-Jun tried his best to make him comfortable. He unpacked Taehyung's clothes and medications and placed bottles of water and his rehydration fluids at the night table beside his bed so he could easily reach them. He also placed there the new cellphone which he had already programmed according to Taehyung's preferences.

Se-Jun felt that 2022 was repeating itself. He couldn't help remembering the trauma of standing over Taehyung - broken, bleeding and unconscious - beneath the stage in Seoul.  He prayed everyday that Taehyung would have a good life after he survived that. But here he was again. Se-Jun felt that his charge didn't deserve this. He was a good boy who worked hard and loved everyone, one who never failed to show his appreciation. He deserved to be loved unconditionally too. Se-Jun covered him with the comforter before leaving the room. He would return in a while to check on him. As he stepped out he found Jungkook in the hallway.

"How is he, hyung? What happened?" Jungkook's doe eyes were wide with concern.

"He had an accident that required stitches, and he's a bit beaten up. He didn't tell me the details yet, but the SUV was left at Dae Eun's. Her brother drove him to Seoul and he said the vehicle would need to be tested first to see if it's road-worthy. They'll send it over as soon as they know."

"I don't care about the SUV." Jungkook entered Taehyung's room and saw him lying near the foot of the large bed, still in his clothes from the airport. He carefully adjusted his position so that he was lying on his back. He placed a pillow beneath his head, and he was going to place another beneath his arm so he could hug it, but then he noticed the bandage and he just carefully placed his wounded arm above the pillow. Jungkook started tearing up and he just sat beside his hyung and waited.

 Jungkook started tearing up and he just sat beside his hyung and waited