56

As I lay in the Hospital Wing, the soft scent of the infirmary and the sound of footsteps echoing in the background began to fill my senses. 

It was a familiar and comforting atmosphere, letting me know that I was safe and receiving care.

Multiple voices spoke in hushed tones, and I could hear soft crying amidst the conversations. Slowly, I opened my eyes, blinking as I tried to adjust to the surroundings. 

The aftereffects of the Cruciatus Curse left me in pain, and I grimaced as I became more aware of it.

Turning my head to the left, I saw Professor Snape.

The memories of the horrifying events in the graveyard rushed back to my mind, causing my anxiety to spike.

"Moody," I rasped, my voice barely audible. 

The name slipped from my lips as I worried whether they had uncovered his true identity.

"Moody," I repeated with a hint of panic, sitting up abruptly, though the motion sent waves of pain through my body. "Somebody was disguised as him using Polyjuice Potion. A follower of Voldemort. He stunned me." I hurriedly explained, my words tumbling out.

"It's all right. We are aware of the situation." Snape reassured me, his voice steady. "We have captured Moody, or rather Barty Crouch Jr., using Veritaserum. A Dementor's kiss has been administered to him. He is guilty not only of endangering you and your brother but also of casting the Dark Lord's sign at the Quidditch World Cup and murdering his father on this very day."

Relief washed over me at the news that they had caught the imposter. Then, my concern shifted to my brother. I couldn't see him, as the green curtains around my bed blocked my view of the rest of the Hospital Wing.

"And my brother? How is he?" I inquired anxiously, my voice trembling.

"He is fine, though in pain," Snape replied in his usual monotone. "Madam Pomfrey has administered a Sleeping Draught to him to ease the mental anguish caused by his scar."

Knowing that Harry was alive and receiving care brought me a sense of relief amid the chaos and pain that had enveloped us in the graveyard.

Snape's presence in the Hospital Wing brought a wave of relief over me, and a weak smile tugged at my lips. 

It was a strange feeling to be genuinely glad to see him, but in that moment, anybody other than Voldemort or his Death Eaters felt like a ray of hope.

My emotions shifted rapidly, and my eyes welled up with tears. I didn't want to cry again, especially in front of Snape, but the tears flowed out of me uncontrollably. 

They were tears of relief, a release of all the pent-up fear and tension from the ordeal in the graveyard.

"Never thought I'd say this, but it's good to see you, Professor," I said with a mixture of sincerity and playful mockery, unable to resist teasing him. It was a part of my nature, one that Harry shared.

Snape arched an eyebrow at me, maintaining his usual cold demeanour. Without another word, he disappeared behind the green curtains.

Madam Pomfrey soon arrived at my bedside with Snape in tow. She wasted no time and immediately set to work. Her brisk efficiency contrasted with my earlier fear and panic, putting me somewhat at ease.

"Take care, Potter." Snape uttered, his voice as detached as ever. "And whenever you're allowed to leave the Hospital Wing, please meet me in my office." With that, he exited, leaving me in Madam Pomfrey's care.

"Oohh, that certainly won't be for immediately." Madam Pomfrey huffed as she tended to my injuries, her hands deftly working on my face and neck, among other things.