67

"And then what again?" Lyra asked again, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Here," I said as I slid my essay over to her so she could read the rest of the sentence and write it down.

While I wanted to relax before I would head to my detention from Umbridge, I wasn't doing anything along those lines and was instead busy working on an essay together with Lyra.

We got an assignment today and tomorrow it already needs to be done. Fifth year is tough, really. Fred and George have been rubbing it in during the summer.

"Potter," It was the Head Girl calling my name as she approached Lyra and me at the round wooden table, "Professor McGonagall expects you in her office, right now."

I sighed. "Right, I'll see you tonight." I said to Lyra as I got up and started gathering my stuff and subsequently put it all in my bag.

Professor McGonagall? Oh well, better than Professor Snape, I guess.

And less scary, as well.

"No, no, give that to me," Lyra gestured to the assignment, "I'll make it and rewrite the answers."

I sighed once more but this time with relief, "You're the best."

"Can I have your last Sugar Quill though?" She asked innocently, smiling, "It'll help me think better."

"Take whatever you want." I chuckled before I went on.

Randomly, when I got almost to Professor McGonagall her office, I was joined by Peeves aka a third Weasley twin.

"Ahh, another, Potty!" He cackled while he was juggling multiple ink wells.

"Not now, Peeves." I said dismissively.

"Oh well, a Slytherin doesn't get to see my juggling tricks anyway." He said haughtily, zooming around me.

"Excuse y-" I began but I immediately cut myself off at the realisation that I was talking to a poltergeist, "Urgh, never mind."

A couple of footsteps further, I got to the door and knocked it several times.

Quickly after, a witch with a pointy head came into my vision, "Come inside, Miss Potter." McGonagall said as she stepped aside and made way for me to enter her office, making me see Harry sitting there too.

I was startled when I walked in and saw Snape standing on my left with his hands behind his back, and as always a cold look plastered on his face.

Dropping into a seat next to Harry, McGonagall closed the door and then also took a seat.

"Professor Snape and I here," McGonagall began, looking at the dull man for a moment, "received these notes from Professor Umbridge." She picked up two exactly looking the same notes with something written on it.

"Well?" Professor McGonagall said, "Is it true?"

"Is what true, Ma'am?" Harry asked.

"Is it true that you shouted at Umbridge?" She asked Harry.

Harry remained silent.

"It's a simple yes or no question, Potter." Snape said impatiently.

"Yes." Harry finally answered.

"You said that she and the Ministry are making up a lie?" She asked, diverting her eyes on me.

"Yes." I answered.

"And you both told her You-Know-Who is back?"

"Yes." Harry and I said in unison.

Professor McGonagall sighed as she leaned back in her seat for a moment, "Have a biscuit."