Chapter 5 🔞

🕗 8:00 PM. The evening after dinner.

They walked to take in the view after meals. From the roof, one could see a magnificent city scene at night. Although the weather has been getting colder in the evenings in recent weeks, winter is not far off. The city skyline remained brilliant. It was a beautiful sight.

"I've never been here before."

Haruko was amazed.

"Yet in vain," he replied, adding, "It's worth visiting."

They are standing in the open air, gazing at the starry sky. There's no one around. The only sound is the soft rustle of the wind. It is a moment of serenity and quiet amid life's craziness. It's a chance to unwind and take breaks, something we all need occasionally.

I feel relaxed in the tranquility. I admit it.

"Whenever I am in silence, I enjoy listening to it," Madara stated. "Coming here is something I do frequently."

"Alone?" I inquired with curiosity. "What about your pals or... someone else?" I mock.

He cast a sly look at me and smiled. "What is your point? Is it your intention to find out if I have a girlfriend?"

"You're a true officer. You are aware of my thinking ahead of time." I burst out laughing.
"So you're on your own, wolf. That's incredible." I commented and winked at him.

"Are you sure?" Did you decide to answer your question for me?" he says, surprised.

"That's obvious," I remarked, turning to face him. Then I lifted my head and looked up at the sky.

Madara simper at her.

"It is adorable here." I frowned a little.

He locked his gaze on Haruko, examining every inch of her body.

I noticed that something was bothering her. She's adorable and tense at the same time. That makes her seem almost fragile. 
A polite smile can be a great way to disguise any negative emotions a person may be experiencing. There is sadness behind her laughter, but she is denying it. I'd like to know what's happening in your life, honey. He thought.

"What's troubling you?" He asks.

"Not at all. There is nothing wrong. Just a flood of recollections." I grinned slightly.

He suddenly moved in close and murmured into my ear. "I hope they were pleasant."

"Oh, that's ticklish." My spine shivers as I say this. I chuckled and glared at Madara. "Which role are you playing - the tempter, or are you the tempter yourself?" I tease.

"Do you want to try me?" he announced.

"Maybe." This word slipped out of my mouth by accident. My heart began to beat frantically.
I'm not myself when I'm in his presence. But I hardly know this handsome guy... I've never been in a long-term relationship where I've felt such a strong attraction. I didn't even have a love relationship. What is it exactly? Could it be a flash of sympathy or a brief flutter of sexual interest? I am wondering.

For a moment, he ran his fingers through my hair and tucked a strand behind my ear.
Involuntarily, I awoke from my inner monologue with a shudder.

"Haruko," he said in a gentle voice. His tone is very delightful when he says my name.
"I'm not trying to cover up my intentions. But you are hiding them. Will you tell me why? What is the reason? Do you have a boyfriend? If so, that would explain everything. But first, how about you show me your boundaries?"

"Boundaries?" I said confusedly. His eyes were still fixed on mine.

"Exactly. I prefer to follow my rules, but how about you? Being experienced gives you an understanding of what you want and will not tolerate." He acknowledged.