Chapter 7

❄️Almost three weeks have passed since winter arrived❄️

🕗8:30 PM

Madara sits in his chair in the police department. He has a thoughtful look when his index finger touches his lip. 

What could that mean?  As expected, there was no sign of her

What could that mean? As expected, there was no sign of her. It's odd. Haruko suddenly disappeared as if the ground had swallowed her up. Something must have happened. Two days after the previous meeting, I visited the bank because she wasn't getting in touch.

Flashback

"Yes, you're right," the woman murmurs, "Yuhara Haruko worked here. She resigned of her own accord a day ago."
"What?" Madara left the bank surprised. "That's unusual."
"I tried calling several times, but it went unanswered. I guess she changed her phone number. Before she changed it, the last thing she texted me was: - "
💬"I'm sorry, and don't come looking for me."

"Was she gone? Why so suddenly?"~~~

~~~

There was no reply from her. She would've contacted me by now if something had occurred to her. At least, that's how I see things. I checked her address. Her house was nowhere near where we met up for the last time. I wondered if she ever lived there at all. When I asked around, nobody knew anything about Haruko. So, I decided to visit the place myself. I started asking around. They stated that she didn't live at the home where I dropped her off. That means she lied to me that she was living in this place. But why? Was it an excuse, or did she move elsewhere for another reason? Perhaps she lied so we wouldn't get close, for fear of getting hurt by me. That's certainly possible. The only problem is that I don't know what she would gain from keeping such a secret. What did she think she could accomplish with a lie like that? I couldn't locate any information about her from the license plate number or the VIN check.

Recollections from three weeks ago

I could find some info by the VIN check. To get the information on the vehicle, insurance, registration, and the owner's history.
Madara searches the database.
Vehicle Identification Number: JM1CW2BL3C0007351