VOL 1- chapter one: nightshift

"heyyyy y/n"

you turn around and see your boss

the soda bar you worked at was a cutesy hangout place located in Atlanta. Its demographic is mostly teens, for dates or aesthetic pictures to post on Instagram. but it was always low on staff. only because your boss was a cheapskate. you and your coworkers called him Mr. Krabs.

"I need you to work the night shift if that's okay with you.", your boss smiled.

of course, it wasn't okay.

you frown, "why can't Audrey take the night shift like she always does?"

"she's driving down to Tennessee tonight. her grandma died...fell down the stairs....just went kaboom splat ka- "

"Okay, okay. fine.", you sighed.
"That's my y/n. 'ppericate it."

hey, at least you can steal a couple of scoops of ice cream.

TIMESKIP

you never really knew why the bar closed at 2 am. not a lot of people came during the night.
just two more hours of waiting then you can close the place.

you heard the door chime

who the hell would want ice cream at midnight?

it was a girl with dark brunette hair.

let's just get this over with

"hey welcome to the soda bar, what would you like to order?"

"two hot fudge sundaes please.", the brunette said.

two? she must be really hungry

"alrighty that'll be $5.58"

she looked down, rummaging through her purse. you noticed her freckles.

——————-

you finished making the sundaes and handed them to her

"hera go!"

"thank you."

you thought she'd be walking out, but she sat down in a booth.

guess she's on a date. this late?

great. now it's just you and her in here. awkward silence immediately entered the place. you could hear every sniffle, every blink. can this girl's date just show up already?

you decided to subtly side-eye the girl. what? you're bored there's nothing else to do.

she had cute eyeliner on. it looked good on her.

"This girl kinda cute.", you thought to yourself.
she noticed you eyeing her and looked back at you

you quickly turn in the other direction. embarrassing...

but you know what else is embarrassing? your date not showing up. I mean, this girl has been here for over 10 minutes. poor guy probably wanted a normal afternoon date but this weirdo chose to eat at a soda bar late at night. if I were him, I'd ditch her too.

...

you really need to stop being mean

you looked at the brunette one more time. both sundaes were melting. she was playing with her spoon, patiently waiting for him.

you wanted to break the awkward silence. you decided to walk up to her. small talk ya know?

END OF CHP 1