Chapter 13: Days of Our Starbucks's Past

SOTD: BLUE JEANS by Lana Del Rey
(or the MK Dark Blue dub version)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"how old are you?" he asked picking up another cake pop.

We didn't end up going to the retro Jack in the box. We're at a cozy Starbucks. We ordered alot of pastries, which isn't going to set in well later but live in the moment as they say. I'm guessing we decided to put aside our snarling remarks and sarcasm for a few hours to better know each other.

"eightteen. " I simply reply. Wow I sound like a child. Not my fault I have a late birth date. As well as I skipped a grade.

"how old are you?" I asked drawing the 'you' at the end.

"19" he replied a smirk arising.

"Football or Soccer?" he questioned.

"Soccer." funny thing is, I can watch football but I can't play for shit, I can't stand watching soccer on the telly but I sure can play.

"Cool, why'd you transfer in the middle of the semester?" he questioned

"My parents received job offers." I replied not wanting to get into full details.

"Cool" he replied dragging the word. Then poping a croissant in his mouth.
"don't you think you should lay off so many sweets before your match?" I ask considering how many he has eaten.

"Yeah, but I don't feel like it." he said sucking his sugar covered thumb.

"don't be complaining when your stomach starts cramping in the middle of the the game." I warn.

He acts like it's no big deal. I remember this one time before a big match I had made the big mistake of eating some chocolate ice cream, yeah really stupid. During the match I was going for a goal when...

BAM!

The cramp came out of no where and I litteraly fell to the ground. It was so bad they had to put me on a gurney, which was so embarrassing. Not to mention we lost that match.

"whatever you say, mom." he states leaning in with that same smirk on his face.

"yeah, yeah. Don't say I didn't warn you." I say getting up to dispose of the mess set out on the table.

I arrived back to the table to find Chris not there. Giving me an off set feeling. Turned to see him leaning against his car taping away on his phone.

"Well we should go dickhead. You do have a game to play." I smirk punching his arm.

"yeah, ok." he said with a bored expression on his face as he entered dodgy.

"dude, what's your problem?" I asked as we pulled out.

"nothing I just need to drop by my house and pick up my sports bag."

"you are seriously not taking me back after what happened last time." I state.

"how stupid can you be."

"fine stay in the car, why do you have to be so complicated." He spat out running a hand through his hair frustrated.

"dude, why the heck are you taking whatever shit you have going on out at me?!" I fuse. How can someone be so wound up from a warning statement?

"You know what, forget it." he said, pulling out of the parking lot.

"No, I won't it's always freaking up and down with you. One moment you're being friendly and fun, the next you're distant and boring."

"And why do you care so much?" he stated pressing on the gas, through a red light.