Chapter 14: Denny's Match Date

SOTD: STITCHES by Shawn Mendez
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Hey, Angel? " Malik asks rubbing the back of his neck.

In all honesty I have never really spoken to Malik. I only know of him because of his killer parties. And for him to be speaking to me feels a bit odd. Plus, I never knew he played soccer, I thought he was on the hockey team.

Guess not.

"Yeah?" I reply looking up to meet his gase.

"You got a sec?" he asked.

His voice is really deep.

"Yeah, sure." I say getting up and following him to the far end of the field.

"Um, how's Ally?" he asked looking a bit upset.

Why is he asking me? And why does he care last time I checked they had no connection other than that one night at the party.

"She's fine." I lie trying to keep my facial expression neutral. I have this thing when I'm curious about something tend to look disgusted. I don't know how I got that habit. It kinda sucks, because it makes the other person feel awkward.

"oh, ok." he said rubbing his neck. "glad to hear that."

"yeah." I replied. Stuffing my hands in the back pockets of my ripped black jeans.

And just as the silence started to scratch at us a ball came flying at us... Well more so to me. And all I'm doing is standing here staring at the object, paralyzed.

WACK

Do you know that moment when you see something coming and your mind is fully aware of it and is screaming at you to move but you just can't. Like as if some weird force is holding you, glued to that same place...I HATE THAT!
when I come to, I'm greeted with three faces hovering over me. Travis, Chris, And Malik.

"Show's over people." I grunt getting up.

Malik had offered a hand but I ignored it, dusting myself of the grass.

"are you ok?" Malik asked as he layed his hand on my shoulder.

"yeah, I'm fine." I say reflecting a fake smile.

The back of my head actually hurts like shit. Does anyone have a ibuprofen? 1000+ milligrams please.

"Are you sure?" Travis joined in.

"Yes, I'm sure." I bluff "go, you guys have a game to play." I say shooing them off to the field. Travis and Malik were the only ones who started jogging off to there plays whilst Chris just stood there staring at me with a straight face.

"booh." I say. Placing my hands on my hips staring right back at him with confusion.

He grabbed my right arm dragging me to the benches. Sitting me down and then started going through his duffle as he knelt on his knee. Through this whole process he didn't say a single thing. He didn't even give his sarcastic smirk...just serious. Serious facial expression nothing else.

When he found what ever he was looking for he looked up at me, then stood up placing the container in my hand. Then jogged on to his position.

All I did was stare at his back in astonishment and confusion.

"you might want to take that." Aidan said as he scooted closer to me to make way for this caramel toned guy with curly shoulder length hair. I'm assuming he's on the soccer team. Because he's wearing the uniform. Obviously.